• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Things that should be in cars (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
me and my friend like to talk crap about everything but cars are just one of the main things we pull apart alot.
we reckon that cars should really change themselves instead or incremantal changes. see that netoyota concept model? very smart, we are thinkng along htose lines really...
i mean, like my other thread here, the plates are a problem, if only cars had special spots made to put those in then yeah...
also the petrol tank lever, it shouldnt be in the car but where your petrol tank is so you can see how much its up to as you pump the petrol in...
well yeah, pretty much but what do you guys/gals want to add?
race seats, sequesntial shifting etc.

SlipStream

HSC
The standard features in cars come down ultimately to cost. If you have too many little doo-dahs, then it becomes expensive and then the car is harder to position against its competitors. That's why when you go to buy a new car, often they have about ten trillion extras to choose from... and don't get me wrong, it is very easy to tick a box or two, or maybe six and before you know it the price is through the roof!

But yeh I'd like to see cars getting even more smarter and more user friendly (ergonomics), and often it's all the little things like you're fuel-metre deelie that improve the overall standard of the car (the Ford Territory is an example of excellent ergonomics). However, things like racing seats are too expensive to make standard items - especially when you can take one that costs a tenth of the real thing, does a good job and you just have to stitch a RECARO logo to it and bob's your uncle. ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing front seats that pivot towards the outside of the car when getting in and out (to make it easier, I've seen it on some concept car recently); a car that can adapt a safe-sleeping compartment for passengers on long trips (I think this may clash with an ADR); there's even more room in improving intelligent computer systems in cars (like, auto-on headlights, wipers, etc).

Cars are very good ergonomically nowadays - but there's still room for improvement.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i reckon a steering wheel, some pedals, gearstick, seats...yeh that stuff

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
DaddyK said:
Why would you want to see how much fuel is in your car when your filling it up? Thats just stupid, if its on 'E', You need fuel, if its not, you don't. Simple really.
so you can find out how much to fill up your car, obviously there would be one in the car too.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
braad said:
i reckon a steering wheel, some pedals, gearstick, seats...yeh that stuff

Get rid of the driver all together.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
hmm i tend to fill up when the tank is nearing empty. regardless of how much money i have

S13WPN

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
hmm i tend to fill up when the tank is nearing empty. regardless of how much money i have
yeh but most people also tend to hang around to pay for their petrol, instead of just driving off :uhhuh:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
what dumbasses. I havent paid for fuel since 2000.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
shellybelly087 said:
what dumbasses. I havent paid for fuel since 2000.
you paid for fuel when you were 13/14 years old?

how tight were your parents.... :p

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
did you leave caps lock on by any chance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)