This is where our union $$$ goes.... (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
Whats happening over there???

http://www.oneeightydegrees.org/

The MUSC Inc. 2005 Annual Report is now available to download from the MUSC Website. Below are details of some of the more interesting expenditure items:

Accountancy Fees: $48,549 (2005); $16,930 (2004)

Incorporation Costs: $135,432 (2005); $41,992 (2004)

Legal Fees: $7,406 (2005); $130,571 (2004)

Legal Aid: $- (2005); $23,010 (2004)

Travel: $15,963 (2005); $532 (2004)

Elections: $20,427 (2005); $28,382 (2004)

OWeek: $4,397 (2005); $24,491 (2004)

Clubs & Societies: $150 (2005); $8,300 (2004)

Sundry Campaigns: $15,750 (2005); 10,423 (2004)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Travel: $15,963 (2005); $532 (2004)

OWeek: $4,397 (2005); $24,491 (2004)

Clubs & Societies: $150 (2005); $8,300 (2004)

Accountancy Fees: $48,549 (2005); $16,930 (2004)

Incorporation Costs: $135,432 (2005); $41,992 (2004)

X

xeuyrawp

Homie, SAM is our union, MUSC is our student council.

But yeah, since they're both run by the same people and are both about as effective as my left pinky toe, I suppose the confusion is understandable. Or it could be because both have pretty much useless information on their websites...:(

X

xeuyrawp

And, um, guys... How can you not trust

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Victor Ma
MAHRI AIMM MAICD FCDA

Anyone with so many letters must be good, or seriously compensating. I say the latter.
[/FONT]

[Edit:] Sincerely,

PwarYuex
L16WC3 NWOW LBPS AGLN

(Level 16, Warcraft 3; never played World of Warcraft; Lazy Bastard/Procrastinating Slob; Alcoholic/Geek/Library Nerd)

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xeuyrawp

miss_gtr said:
lol what do they even stand for??
They're all to do with human resource management/business world of some sort, I think.

Postnomials should be banned unless you're part of an actual society, like the Royal Society, the Royal Asiatic Society, Society for Antiquaries, have a hard-earned professional degree (um, 2 month part-time course to get AMIA!?) like QC/SC, MP or Esq., or have had an actual honour, eg OA, OAM.

People that show letters when it's not even required are just silly. I feel like accumulating huge amounts (like my friend Sam) and just not use them, or burn them or something, just to spite the wankers.

Because I'm bored:

MAHRI

Membership to Australian Human Resource Institute:

Professional membership of AHRI is available to those who have completed an AHRI accredited or relevant undergraduate qualification, or who have equivalent skills, knowledge and experience in the HR/people management field (generally three or more years).
So, basically anywone with a major stream in HR.

AIMM

Membership to Australian Institute of Management:

Basically vestment in a running/owning of a business. So, basically anyone.

MAICD

Membership to Company Directors Australia:

* Are interested in the affairs of AICD and aspire to become full members of AICD but do not meet the full membership requirements; or
* Desire to enrol in the Company Directors Course; or
* Are full time students in a tertiary institution
So, basically, all of us here.

FCDA

Member of Corporate Directors Association:

Individuals who:

· have been directors of a corporation for two years or more, or

· have been senior executives with managerial responsibilities equivalent to those of an executive director for two years or more.
I assume that SAM counts.

Last edited by a moderator:

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
IS Victor Mah the chirpy little asian guy who comes to lectures, makes jokes and gives out leaflets wit bad spelling and many grammatical mistakes on them??? Or is he 'choy seung' - i forget ><

mserica

HSC
All those letters dont really mean anything in the outside world - its good to show them on a resume but I would say not many people would take you more/less serious with it on your business card.. (just my opinion)

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
He's a loony who can't succeed in the real world, so has to get a job rorting the uni system.

n00dl3~danc3r

HSC
Hey, hey ... i'm sensing alot of hostility over here. I'm as anxious to get back to uni as the next guy!

It's actually quite an achievement to spend that much money on nothing. I have no idea what Incorporation costs are, but they're increasing so they must be important. And if u can't employ your friends at inflated salaries what is the point of running a not-for-profit council...

As for travel, its a hard job spending other peoples money (taxpayers?? ie. not me) and i think a $16k holiday to Tahiti is the least one could expect.

Let me just say that i am totally against racism and will be allowing random people not associated with the uni (except that they'll vote for me) to vote at the next elections.

(applause).

prusso

HSC
if only i could release actual figures about the entire university, love having an internal job that u can see where all the money comes in from and goes out too lol

mserica

HSC
Prusso - which division are you working under, cuase from my knowledge figures arent released to general staff

prusso

HSC
i happen to see quite a bit of the uni council meetings and executive meetings :)

since the new vc has taken his role, alot of meetings have occured and alot of figures were discussed in terms of the direction of where he is taking the uni

from wot ive seen of powerpoint presentations and wot ive heard its all good news :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i have heard absolutely nothing about the new vc since he started.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Really, he's been pretty prominent, most of the stuff I hear has been somewhat 'negative'

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
seriously? where have you heard about him? if it wasn't for this forum there is a possibility that i wouldn't know he had even started.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
From various articles/newspapers stuff like that, but to be fair, I actually think most of it has been slightly biased or whatnot, nothing to back it up

prusso

HSC
he is very active around the university, moreso than di yerbury

he may be a bit unpopular due to the hecs increase, but in all seriousness his a really nice guy and he wants to improve mq uni, his got big plans :)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Schwartz is a pretty good guy, but Yerbury looks the type that would have given you a cup of tea and a cookie if you came to her office :rofl:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
cool, i wish you could tell us stuff as well prusso
anything which has just happened is probably di's doing though, right? here are a couple of great things for my division but i think they would have been organised under her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)