thoughts on 2 units adavnced (1 Viewer)

Sloth -

HSC
That was the most effing hard test I've ever done and probably ever will do. I failed. Death to mathematics.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
js5071 said:
i thought that it was hard and im really disappointed cos ive worked so hard there was a lot of questions that i knew i was just getting riduclous anwers so i had to do them repetedly and 3 hours wasnt enough :(
was kind hoping people would say it was hard
Hey, don't worry, i feel the same way. I was disappointed there wasn't any monthly repayments or rates of change ones. Oh well.

Platinum

HSC
Just one comment....

Mathematics - the academic tool of satan....wait....that's insulting to the Devil!!!

conroy1234

supermeatpie
HSC
lisablah said:
it was really really hard. dissapointed! ive done all past papers and could get about 80% and up. this paper was just screwed!!! wtf was with question 10 b
i agree, it was pretty hard, and i'm pissed with myself that i couldn't do better

and the exponential growth and decay question was kinda weird, usually they give you an initial amount
i used simultaneous equations....anyone else do the same??

Last edited:

Desert Dessert

HSC
samosbo said:
Hey. Don't worry, I found it really challenging. I did 2006's HSC and 2005's the other day and I could actually complete the whole tests with around 90% (factoring in mistakes, etc), which is a really great mark for me. But today I just found it so difficult compared to what I've done. Supposedly our trials were meant to be harder than the HSC, but this was much more difficult. :( I've worked really hard too throughout the year, and I actually ended up coming 4th in our year which was great for me in maths, and today it just feels like all of that's gone to waste. Anyway, I won't complain as I guess I should have expected it to be a lot harder than previous years. It's still just disappointing I guess… :(
Yeah, I was the same. I was on such a high after doing the 05 and 06 paper...I thought I might actually have a chance of acing this thing!

All that work to waste.
Ah well.
It's times like these I'm glad I don't need 99.9 (phew)
:confused:

kittycarol

HSC
out of all the papers i have done from 2000-06 that was the crappest test in the world
most ppl at my skool found it hard
i ve lost at least like 15-20 marks for not attempting!!!!
arrghh
but i m prob sitting on a raw mark of around 80%
and with scaling at my skooll which is pretty good i can atleast get a band 5
but ne t hing lower
i ll prob do it next yr again

75 or 99!

HSC
i looked at question 10 and went " oh f**K" i mean if i understood the question i wud be able to put sumfin down
there were some questions that i just didn't do and ths embarassing coz i'm doing extension most of them were probability i hate probability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...i am shit scared about this paper this was probably my most fd up paper...there were other questions where i wasnt sure if the answer i got was right or not and as a rule of thumb u should be confident in your answer but in thatsituation like u either put down something or ur so fD...god i hope i will be okay...i have no fn idea!

richgirl.cc

Lazy workaholic
HSC
It was harder than the prev HSC papers from the Success Book!!! I was really disappointed whenI got to Q6 and beyond, cos I'd done so many practice qs and it was so much harder! I was almost crying at the end of the exam! (the only exam that happened). I didn't even bother doin Q10, what a piece of %$#&.

Yet somehow I managed to get a band 6 in it...? comprehende? And it was the highest of all of my subjects....
weird :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)