Thoughts on ATAR Release date? (1 Viewer)

AKONS

HSC
ATARs are getting released on the 20th of January. Actual HSC results are being released four days later.

Isn't it a bit weird to do it this way?

Alistruggles

HSC
I’m just wondering if university timetabling will stay the same. Will we be late to pick compared to people not in HS for picking our timetables ? :( At least most course entrants are hsc graduates anyway

A1La5

HSC
I’m just wondering if university timetabling will stay the same. Will we be late to pick compared to people not in HS for picking our timetables ? :( At least most course entrants are hsc graduates anyway
Yes, the start dates for most uni's will be the same next year. UNSW start their trimester program on the 14th of Feb, whereas most other universities (USYD, Macquarie, etc AFAIK..) start their semester program on the 21st of Feb.

stressedadfff

HSC
ATARs are getting released on the 20th of January. Actual HSC results are being released four days later.

Isn't it a bit weird to do it this way?
thats so scary i hope ive forgotten about them by then...

icycledough

HSC
I'd agree that it makes it less important getting ATAR first then exam marks. However, with the traditional way, everyone's more stressed (especially as they usually come out same day) and frantically using calculators to get a predicted ATAR. Now, it ruins the suspense (may be beneficial for some people), imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)