gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i just booked my ski holiday
going to thredbo from between 16 and 24 july

any1 else going then?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'm not going skiing this year unfortunately.

I used to go to thredbo but the lift lines are way too long. During the school holidays the lift lines are at least 20 minutes everywhere at thredbo. I started going to Perisher/Blue Cow because if you avoid front valley there are basically no lines. You ski to the bottom and straight onto the chair.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
err wat lift were u at in thredbo

theres never any lines wen i am there

and perisher sucks, unless u like skiing boring piste all day

iamsickofyear12

HSC
gordo said:
err wat lift were u at in thredbo

theres never any lines wen i am there

and perisher sucks, unless u like skiing boring piste all day
Gunbarrel Express going up from friday flat, Kosciuszko Express to the top of Crackenback and the Cruiser at Merrits. They are the 3 main chairs and there are huge lines during the school holidays.

I don't know about the t bars sponars and antons because I never skied over there. But if that's the only place without huge lines that's still pretty bad.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
hmm
yeh gunbarrel and merits have huge lines cause thats where alot of ppl ski (but its all boring skiing there)
basin t-bar has quite a line too

the crackenback chair usually has hardly any line

antons and sponars arn't always open (spoanrs hardly ever is) but wen they are the line isn't really that bad.

u probly jsut used to perisher where they have like 50 lifts all next to each other :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
gordo said:
hmm
yeh gunbarrel and merits have huge lines cause thats where alot of ppl ski (but its all boring skiing there)
basin t-bar has quite a line too

the crackenback chair usually has hardly any line

antons and sponars arn't always open (spoanrs hardly ever is) but wen they are the line isn't really that bad.

u probly jsut used to perisher where they have like 50 lifts all next to each other :)
I've been skiing for something like 15 years. And of that I've probably spent 8 of them skiing at thredbo. It's not that I'm just used to skiing at perisher, thredbo is just too small for the amount of people that go there.

If it wasn't for the lines I would go there because I like it better. If I ever go down to ski during the week I will definately be going to thredbo.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
hmm yeh
i been skiiing in thredbo 12 years straight now

i dunno, i find i spend the most of the time taking up crackenback then basin then karrels and then spenidng about 50 minutes per run way out the back (traverse from top of karrels and come down the back bowls, u end up tree bashing to get back onto the bottom of funnel web.

do a couple of them then maybe head over for some lighter skiing in the central spur.

why would u bother skiing at merits or gunbarrel if u been skiing for 15 years? its shithouse beginner slopes.

come to thredboooo :) i want company

do u board or ski?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
gordo said:
why would u bother skiing at merits or gunbarrel if u been skiing for 15 years? its shithouse beginner slopes.

come to thredboooo :) i want company

do u board or ski?
I ski.

And the reason I go to merrits and gunbarrel is because I like to go really fast and straight and I can't do that on a really steep or bumpy black run cause I will kill myself.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
takes practise :p

go down world cup or true blue

or bite the bullet and schusse down little beauty, christ that was scary

meh,
if u end up going pm or something

iamsickofyear12

HSC
gordo said:
takes practise :p

go down world cup or true blue

or bite the bullet and schusse down little beauty, christ that was scary

meh,
if u end up going pm or something
I have been skiing for 15 years, I can go fast down black runs I can just go much faster down a blue run.

I don't think I'm going skiing this year because I'm going to Bali instead. I was going to go to Canada in January but I don't know if that's still happening.

uni_punk

thredders

i'm goin down weekend of 22nd-24th of july.. = )
then doin mt buller in the week after that.. yays! i cant wait.
30cm of snow at mt buller yesterday!!!!!!!!!

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Gaah I really really really want to go, and could afford it, but I don't think I'll be able to get enough time off from work to do it. Oh well, maybe some other time.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
gordo said:

any1 else going then?

im going on either the 7th or the 16th!
we can be skiing buddies gordo

pete_mate

HSC
im going in the last week with like 10 other shore guys, but i dont know a single girl going down, bit weird

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
gordo said:

any1 else going then?

I went to Thredbo just last week...not that much snow. I mean, Friday Flat was practically still a field of grass when we got there but it got better thoughout the week. Hopefully it's snowed more so all tracks can be opened now. But it was good fun nonetheless.

And if any are having skiing lessons, request Cass as your instructor. She's very nice.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
hmm it just rained all day..not too good

i just extended my trip,
i know going 17th till 24th

anyone down there at the same time as me pm me your number or somethign so we can meet up

i already know like 8 ppl taht are gonna be there the same time as me,
its gonna be great

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
im hittinh up thredbo 10th till 17th for races week... where i will get severley pwned by people who wear gay spider suits and helmets.... fucking helmets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)