• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

time trial software (1 Viewer)

compower1

hi

how do time trial software work?...as in how do u work around them?...even if i uninstall and reinstall it still doesnt reset itself...
and iv tried deleteing all the stuff from the registre but still no luck
i really want to try it for a game "Robot Arena 2" ...any help would be great

Winston

HSC
You're skating on thin ice, we're not going to teach how to crack it, but i'll explain some possible ways software developers go about doing it,

it's either through a file which is stored somewhere unknown, or a registry key that's named and located very differently, there are many numerous ways of doing it, these are the two common ways, which is one of the least secure methods. Anyways, if this thread turns out to be teaching how to bypass or crack timebombs forget it, i will be deleting it, it's a rule in this forum that we do not embolden any illegal practices. Sorry.

-X-

HSC
N/A
Some shity s/w rely on your system clock so....no im not telling you how to bypass it. ;)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by -X-
Some shity s/w rely on your system clock so....no im not telling you how to bypass it. ;)
LMAO!

oo yes.. it requires some form of 8 yrs of computing knowledge

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by compower1
sorry...my fault dint know the fourm rules.

(still if anyone can help they can msg me...lol)
ooOoOo... the ice is cracking :p

yoshi

I will give the steps. Hopefully Winston won't mind, seeing as they will take you a while to do:

1. Learn Assembly.
2. Decompile the selected program.
3. Go through the decompiled assembly code and find the section of code that time-limits the software.
3 (a). Alter this code.

Have fun! :)

PS. There is a much easier process that wouldn't be fun to tell.

compower1

rite...will do...u made it seem as thou its a 3 second process...
i think i need a bit more knowledge than finishing sdd and IT at school.

and out of curiosity ... shouldnt it be the right of the user after uninstalling a program to get rid of "everything" from that program and not have traces of it still remaining...???? i mean the user does uninstall it
i duno wat do u guys think?

fatmuscle

HSC
Virtual PC... jsut keep a copy of your 'clean' Virtual PC somewhere...

yoshi

Virtual PC is software that emulates a computer inside your operating system. It creates an interface between itself and your computer, so that programs which run inside it actually use your hardware, but think they are running inside a completely different box.

Look here for screenshots of VMWare (similar software) running:
http://www.vmware.com/products/desktop/ws_screens.html

-X-

HSC
N/A
yoshi, i havent played much with vmware, other than install linux from windows. But can u, for example, access your actual linux partition from windows (and vise versa) with vmware? Or do i have to install linux once again with vmware?

Last edited:

MrMiK

lol. i kno wots gona happen.. theres gona b a question on how to crack the VMware 30 day evaluation.. so they can beat the evaluation time limit on the others.

Gota ask (because im looking at maybe aquiring a copy) does anyone know if the evaluation of VMware cuts out after the 30 days, of is it like Winzip and just remind you to register.

not.. that.. id be using it after the legal evaluation time period.. of course.. *shifty eyes* :D ..

Winston

HSC
I myself ain't using VMWare, well i am :S bah lol i'm using the MS Virtual PC One the one they bought off connectix.

yoshi

Originally posted by -X-
yoshi, i havent played much with vmware, other than install linux from windows. But can u, for example, access your actual linux partition from windows (and vise versa) with vmware? Or do i have to install linux once again with vmware?
Yes you can. But you don't do it in the way you would imagine - you can't access it directly.

The good thing about VMWare is that it can allow the emulated PC to have it's own IP on your network, so that you can run something like an FTP server or Samba (Windows file sharing) in linux, and then use an FTP client in Windows and transfer files that way.

You can also do this the other way - having Windows inside VMWare, set up a file share and access it from your Linux host OS.

Winston

HSC
i think VMWare is the best creation ever, especially at a developer's point of view, testing your application on different window platforms, is more easily achieved now.

MrMiK

sounds tops.
so.. do any of you "own" a copy of VMware.. or have access to a copy? ;) ;)

*note i am not inquiring about illegal distribution.. kinda*

its an innocent question

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by MrMiK
sounds tops.
so.. do any of you "own" a copy of VMware.. or have access to a copy? ;) ;)

*note i am not inquiring about illegal distribution.. kinda*

its an innocent question
you're skating on thin ice, kids.. :p...

this thread will be soon locked if any more "legit" copies are to be distributed :p...

MrMiK

any more?
there was one allready :( aww i missed out...
ok ok.. i wont inquire here anymore...
sheesh.. just cuz i believe in equal rights and public access to software u gota pik on me.. this is a shokn world we live in today.

fatmuscle

HSC
have your discussions in our IRC channel then.

irc://au.austnet.org/hsc/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)