• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Time? (1 Viewer)

g@woodlawn

HSC
For those of you out there who are doing a hell of a lot of work (including school, sport and employment) can you PLEASE give me some time management pointers...

I'm one of those people who stress to the core and want to do my absolute best 100% of the time....yet i dont seem to have the time!

Even though i'm only in first term, i feel as if i need to start getting some sustainable ethics for my school work.

I'm juggling a hectic netball season, massive work loads and emplyee commitments.

Any help?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Quit working? if you need the money, then quit sports. You only have a set amount of time, if you done free them up you wont have any extra time.

sleepplease

HSC
Hey Hon,

I also do many extra curric things. (orchestra, private cello lessons, work with Oaktree, world vision, running a make indigenous poverty history state wide project, hockey, work for blue dragon children's foundatoin, run the charity group at my school, do model united nations, am exec of the src, in the vocal group, do volunteering etc etc). I go to a selective school and have been in the top five every year so I do understand teh pressures you are talking about. So here's what I do, I dont know if it will work for you though, everyone's individual.

I manage my life through a series of lists.

I have a list that i write at the begining of the week of everything I know I must get done. i write deadlines to get them done by adn I set an amount of time I am prepared to spend on them (kills procrastination!). Then, as I get mor work I add it to my masters list, whilst divising daily lists as I go. Again setting quantities of time I will spend on each subject.

On friday I review my list, make sure I have everythig done and then write up a list for what I want to do on the weekend.

I find this works better than a time table because with teh work I do meeting etc. shift times all teh time so a time table isnt effective.

I stay at school or the library until about 7:30pm at night so I can do all my homework (without computer access) because I find teh computer distracting. Then I come home adn do the work I need to do on the computer (yes I came home early today! I'm sick :()

You need to be motivated and organised if you want to make a whole lot of extra stuff + good marks at school work.

i have a list of goals that I refer to often to maek sure Im on track.

I know this sounds kinda weird and hardcore adn lame, but it's worked for me.. so i hope it's been some sort of help for yoU!

Good luck and take care, remember that stress is just another form of procrastination... look at what you need to do, figure out how and when to do it.. then do it!

Love,
Soph

topdeck

HSC
I don't think you would need to quit sport, or your employment. What i would do is draw up a timetable, and then strike saturday mornings (or whenever you play sport or work) and use those times as no go zones in terms of school work. Then fill in the rest of the timetable with study times for all your other subjects.

If your not into timetables, perhaps set yourself goals. For example, say you have to complete assignmkent x by the end of the weekend. That way you can still take the time off for sport and work, as long as you know in your mind exactly what has to be don when you have free time.

Hope that helps in some way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)