Timeframe? (1 Viewer)

Cherry7

HSC
Hello ee2 students! I was just wondering what timeframe your working in, e.g. when you want to have your first draft finished, research finished etc.
Personally I want to finish off my basic research this term, then start writing the first draft these holidays.
So what about you? :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
When I did Ext. 2, the advice I was given was spend half the time writing, and then the other half revising.

You'll constantly find better phrasings, or more inspiration - so ideally you want to get your main idea down pat early so you can just refine it repeatedly.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
OP sounds like a good plan :)

It's good to have something there to pick at/edit , then trying to rush to get it there.

suprwoman101

HSC
I'm planning on writing what I've researched and just continue picking at it and refining...

But hopefully a few thousand words by the end of the holidays.

HSC
N/A
When I did Ext. 2, the advice I was given was spend half the time writing, and then the other half revising.

You'll constantly find better phrasings, or more inspiration - so ideally you want to get your main idea down pat early so you can just refine it repeatedly.
What about time spend researching? You can't expect to write or refine if you aren't constantly researching to discover more interesting ways of expressing yourself, or ways to further develop your concept.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What about time spend researching? You can't expect to write or refine if you aren't constantly researching to discover more interesting ways of expressing yourself, or ways to further develop your concept.
Yes, research should be all year round, was the advice I got.

But when it comes to say... July, so a month before it's due - it's no real use to pick up another book and read that, unless you can finish it, implement new ideas and then refine them.

Though research should start from Day 1 too, because on Day 1 - you can't write anything because you don't know what to write about, so you do 'research' and see what you can dig up - or to find something interesting you'd like to pursue. Or if you have an idea already, start reading books and the like around the idea you want and see what inspiration you can garner from it.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think research should continue right up till about may about 6 weeks or so before it's due-that time should be extensive fine tuning and doing tedious things like all oxford comments or none.

HSC
N/A
I think research should continue right up till about may about 6 weeks or so before it's due-that time should be extensive fine tuning and doing tedious things like all oxford comments or none.
*commas :p

And yes, having consistency of language is important stylistically unless your concept has something to do with changing suddenly and dramatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)