Timetable clash - B eBusiness (2 Viewers)

boyboy

Hello - to those who are studying B eBusiness in 2004..please help me!
Has anyone completed their timetable form..?? i seem to notice a timetable clash for the units (subjects) for BBA 111/S/2/D (Organisational Behaviour) and COMP 114/S/2/D... check out the lecture times...they both overlap each other...ummm im stressing out what to do...

And since i want to get a transfer after 1st semester i dont want to do many computer units within the 1st semester...so i'll do them in 2nd semester..dats if i dont get a GPA of 2.25..

I need some info to help sort out my timetables...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
An email Majesty received a couple of days ago said that you can have overlaps, so don't worry.

toisthbe

Evil Member
Originally posted by boyboy
Hello - to those who are studying B eBusiness in 2004..please help me!
Has anyone completed their timetable form..?? i seem to notice a timetable clash for the units (subjects) for BBA 111/S/2/D (Organisational Behaviour) and COMP 114/S/2/D... check out the lecture times...they both overlap each other...ummm im stressing out what to do...

And since i want to get a transfer after 1st semester i dont want to do many computer units within the 1st semester...so i'll do them in 2nd semester..dats if i dont get a GPA of 2.25..

I need some info to help sort out my timetables...

hey boyboy..u do realise that bba 111/s/2/d
is in the second semester..

so is accg105/S/2.

boyboy

yer i know.. but u still need fill out the timetable form for the 2nd semester..which has an overlap with lectures for BBA111 and COMP114...although you can still take overlaps subjects the uni recommends first yr students to not do so...

By the way in the first yr how many electives can we choose to study... ?

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
some subjects have their lectures taped and can be borrowed from the library. So if one of your lectures are overlaped, then maybe you can listen to them instead at a later time!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
You have Core units - the ones you must do to get your degree - and Elective units - the ones you can chose and don't need for your degree other than to fill up credit point requirements.

boyboy

So if i wanted to do 3 electives under the B eBusiness including some core units i can??

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
You can do whatever you want. Just depends how long you want to be at uni :p

boyboy

hahaha ok i see
so i can do one core unit and 3 electives within 1st semester and then get transfer to another course after the end of the 1st semester?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by toisthbe
not really! 10 years max..
Who said, you can stay 20 years... it's just the first 10 years won't count towards whatever degree you were doing :p

@ boyboy: I can't see why that wouldn't work. :)

boyboy

hehehe... i was deciding to choose electives which count towards the course i want to get transferred into...so my B eBusiness wont count?...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It doesn't really matter... the units you do for E-Biz which don't count can be electives for whatever you transfer to.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
so i can do one core unit and 3 electives within 1st semester and then get transfer to another course after the end of the 1st semester?
So we don't have to do all 4 core units in the 1st semester? I asked the Macq Q&A board if i could do a language(Chinese) w/ the eBiz degree & the person said it was unlikely cos the course is very structured and it was very unlikely i could do electives.

I wanna transfer to Commerce, so i'm not too keen on doing the computing related units, plus i'm not that interested in computing neway. I'd rather do an elective which i had more interest in, ie. a language, and hopefully get higher marks in as well!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
no you don't have to do all the core int he first semester. sometimes it is impossible, as part of the core may be in the second semester only.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
But the eBiz course has 8 core units, i'd assume they'd split it in half, ie. 4u a semester.

& how do we know which semester we do a unit ? Does it say in the handbook?, i haven't really gone thru it yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)