• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Timetable Confusion (1 Viewer)

drake_skywing

HSC
Hey i'm a new undergraduate who is lost in the timetable system, could someone help me, i want to try to get all my subjects out of the way before thursday so i can do work and stuff though i don't get it.
I know i got to enrol in tutorials though do i have to go to lectures and if yes then do i have to enrol and go to the same ones every week
Like i am so confused right now and would appreciate some help

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
drake_skywing said:
Hey i'm a new undergraduate who is lost in the timetable system, could someone help me, i want to try to get all my subjects out of the way before thursday so i can do work and stuff though i don't get it.
I know i got to enrol in tutorials though do i have to go to lectures and if yes then do i have to enrol and go to the same ones every week
Once you enrol in a subject, you just turn up to the lectures. Sometimes you don't have to turn up to the lectures (most of the time). Tutorials/labs/pracs you do have to turn up to. Fit those in before Thursday.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
drake_skywing said:
ok so you have a course chosen.

you may have compulsory subjects you have to do, or not, either way you (usually) find four subjects that fill up your credit points. so for you, probably four subjects worth 6 credit points each.

you should have enrolled in your subjects already. each subject will have lectures and tutes/labs/pracs (dependent on field of study.)

lectures are not compulsory, and you dont have to enrol in these. the times they run at are specified in the timetable.

you will have to enrol yourself in tutorials. in sols, there is a menu called "tutorial enrolment". this is where you choose your tute times. they normally open at a specific time though, so you cant choose them right away.

most subjects have one tutorial. the listed tutorial times on the timetable dont mean you have to go to all of them, it means you have a choice of what time you want to make your tutorial.

if you are unsure of how many lectures and tutes your subject has, you should be able to click on the name of the subject in the timetable screen and have a look at contact hours.

HSC
Yeah I have a problem too..

For one of my subjects (some programming one) I am supposed to have lab as part of that subject...but on the timetable sheet thingy I only see time for one lecture and a fair few times for tutes...but no allocated lab times...and the lab times have not been set for me...

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
watatank said:
Yeah I have a problem too..

For one of my subjects (some programming one) I am supposed to have lab as part of that subject...but on the timetable sheet thingy I only see time for one lecture and a fair few times for tutes...but no allocated lab times...and the lab times have not been set for me...
Look in SOLS: Tutorial Enrolment. You'll see all the tute/lab times for CSCI/IACT/ITCS subjects.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Ye timetables are confusing. I wanna ask u dont have to attend all lectures for a particular subject ye, cause some have like 5 lectures so do i just go to one? Another thing is i have subjects with lecture A and a lecture B i have to attend both right?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Kebabci Oglu said:
Ye timetables are confusing. I wanna ask u dont have to attend all lectures for a particular subject ye, cause some have like 5 lectures so do i just go to one? Another thing is i have subjects with lecture A and a lecture B i have to attend both right?
Turn up to the first lecture for every subject. You will be given a handout. Read it. It will tell you everything you need to know about the subject.

This applies to everybody.

You have two and a half weeks of holidays left, for God's sake, enjoy them.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
There is this PASS enrollment by clicking Tutorial link from SOLS. I don't know what PASS is. It does not match with either Tutorial or Workshop from timetable for the particular subject (ACCY200 and FIN221). Does anyone knows what PASS means and why do we have to enroll in PASS class? :uhoh:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
There is this PASS enrollment by clicking Tutorial link from SOLS. I don't know what PASS is. It does not match with either Tutorial or Workshop from timetable for the particular subject (ACCY200 and FIN221). Does anyone knows what PASS means and why do we have to enroll in PASS class? :uhoh:
PASS is some thing that may or may not be useful. You have a choice to turn up to them. You're not assessed on anything there, and if I recall correctly, attendance is only taken for statistical purposes.

They're used for "more difficult" subjects to assist you with (funny enough) passing. They're little groups where you sit around, hold hands and solve problems (maybe not hold hands). It helps you help yourself etc etc etc.

For some subjects there is merit, others you might find excessively easy, then turning up might just be a waste of time. You should probably scope it though, they can help.

You don't *actually* need to enrol, either. You can just rock up to one of the classes. Enrolling ensures you a place in them, however.

Have fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)