• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

timetabling suggestions (1 Viewer)

thisisme

HSC
N/A
hello

i just wanted everyone's advice on arranging my timetable please. at the moment i have a ICOM101 lecture followed immediately by an ICOM101 tutorial. Is that a good idea? Or should I try and put days between each units tut and lectures? Is it a bad idea to have units straight after the other or should I try and leave at least an hour between?

Is a MAS104 tut in the evening followed immediately by three hours of MKTG101 a really bad idea?

thank you! this forum has been really helpful!

wyho

HSC
N/A
it doesnt matter, but i prefer lectures before tutorials although the tutorials based on the lectures the week before, but i get to ask questions if i dont know something in the new lecture. i put my tutorials straight after my lectures too, its no difference, work hard =P

havy

HSC
its just uni, 3 hours in a roll isn't gonna kill ya, lots of ppl do 6+ hrs in a roll. most ppl would prefer a packed timetable rather than a one that's very spreadout.

besides, you dont hav to be in ur "optimum" condition at uni, most of the marks comes from your research/revision at home.

well if you cant take 2 different lectures in a roll, then take a hr break in between, but a day in between is highly unnecesary. Just make sure to hav a good meal b4 each cluster of classes and u'll be fine.

consider most full time job timetables are 8hrs straight with 2 breaks, and its a lot harder to take craps and naps during work, while u can do that during lectures or even tuts:) so if u think uni is exhausting, wait till you work...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ICOM and MAS aren't too strenuous, I wouldn't be too concerned.

HSC
N/A
On a similar note even heavy subjects back-to-back can be ok if they're different - that 5-10 minute walk between locations does a lot to clear your head :)

I draw the line at 5 hours straight though. It's a killer but oh-so-barely doable. 4 is alright, 6 is jawdrop territory!

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
the mktg lect wont be anything, plus you could leave anytime or just give it a miss now and then!

and for timetabling in general, it depends on the individual. if you want to get in and get out asap, bundle up classes from 9-9 etc and you usually have 2.5-4 days free? But then if it doesnt really matter, you could spread it out to have less burden on ya, plus more time to bum round with mates, eat, play pool, go to macq centre etc etc

mktg tre cool

thisisme

HSC
N/A
thanks very much everyone! much appreciated!

one other thing- on my enrollment details page his243 and icom101 have a (p) next to them under the heading of partially satisfied requirements. the rest of my units have nothing there. can someone help me out please? why wouldn't i be satisfying requirements? i do b media but both of them should be fine under that degree right?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It means you have to pass the first semester units first, ie, MAS 104 must be passed in order to do MAS105.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)