• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

To clear things up... (1 Viewer)

Z

Zeppelin

I decided to take off last Thursday to begin catching up on work and stuff. It seems I missed a Chem tute quiz (which we were told the week before had been rescheduled!). I was just wondering, I can just go to another Chem tute after the break and do then quiz then, right? Then all I need is a slip saying that I attended X tutorial and did X quiz, which I hand to my normal tutor?

Oh, and another thing. I had a Physics lab session on Friday... which means my class are now behind by a week. Someone told me I have to go in (during the break?) sometime and make it up. Is this true?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Zeppelin said:
I decided to take off last Thursday to begin catching up on work and stuff. It seems I missed a Chem tute quiz (which we were told the week before had been rescheduled!). I was just wondering, I can just go to another Chem tute after the break and do then quiz then, right? Then all I need is a slip saying that I attended X tutorial and did X quiz, which I hand to my normal tutor?

Oh, and another thing. I had a Physics lab session on Friday... which means my class are now behind by a week. Someone told me I have to go in (during the break?) sometime and make it up. Is this true?
Ah, you really should ask those who know, and they would be your tutors/lab instructors.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Zeppelin said:
Can you read your lab manual?

It is on the back, and shows that Friday lab sessions run a week behind for a few weeks. They will catch up eventually.

Z

Zeppelin

I don't have the lab manual yet.

In any case, are things cool with the missed tute quiz?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
i think u r pretty stuffed...

u will have to fill in a special consideration form if u want to redo the quiz...cuz the quiz had to be done on the wk, unless u apply for a special consideration (submitted within 14days i think)

other wise, jsut do well in the 3 remaining quizes... since only 3 best will be counted...

nit

HSC
the quiz also has to be done in the tute you've been allocated to I think - they don't allow you to take the quiz in another one running in the same week.

Your best bet is that pink slip.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
for chemistry, you can do your quiz in any of the chem tutorials scheduled each week. You do NOT have to go to your assigned tutorial.

If you missed out on the quiz, and want to apply for special consideration, a special consideration form must be handed in within 7 days (starting from the day you missed ur quiz)...
but don't worry about missing out on 1 quiz... as xiao said, do well in the 3 other quizes cause only 3 count.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
on the contrary, smoked salmon, i think nowdays u can only do it at ur allocated chem quiz... this is to prevent 2 things:

a) do all quiz on fri, so get more time to study
b) if u know u stuff a quiz, u can redo it in any other tute...

so i think they mark roll now at chem tute...
least they did last sem in chem1902...

Z

Zeppelin

Good news. I emailed the faculty, and I was told that it was rescheduled. My mate was just trying to scare me. o_O

Needless to say, I don't think I'll be taking to many days off from now on - things could have turned out really bad for me.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
its a bit unfair for some people with quizzes. Me for instance. My ecmt quiz is next thursday. This is the first day of quizzes. People without ecmt on thursday will do it the following week between monday and wednesday. They have a whole extra weekend to prepare. This will be the same for all the following quizzes and there's 3 worth 25% in total!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
its a bit unfair for some people with quizzes. Me for instance. My ecmt quiz is next thursday. This is the first day of quizzes. People without ecmt on thursday will do it the following week between monday and wednesday. They have a whole extra weekend to prepare. This will be the same for all the following quizzes and there's 3 worth 25% in total!
forces u to start study earlier then?! =p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
***1000th post :) ***

but the practice questions are up on monday only. I have no idea what to expect. I have a lot of problems with maths, and if I had 2 weekends to study, I would use the time to its full extent. Many others won't.
I have two 2 hr lectures and 1 one hr lecture on monday I have to revise after. Read lots of readings for tuesday and wednesday tutes. Then research a lot of stuff for my marketing project for thursday, let alone study for the ecmt quiz

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
pt taken...

yeh... but then again, there's bound to be some one who need to do them earlie... =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)