To HSCers who did both Biology and Physics: Which one did you prefer? (1 Viewer)

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
I'm completely sure that Physics is going to be the right choice to drop if I decided to change my mind on Engineering during the next year, yet I realise that:

The Pros of Physics - High Scaling, Pre-Req for Engineering, Possibly more interesting due to being one of the purest, and may go well with the maths that I'm doing
Cons - Interest is not that high, Bad Teacher, Concepts and Calculations will be difficult (if not understood)

somewhat outweight the:

Pros of Biology - Interest, Rote-Learning, Good Teacher, All Memorisation, Somewhat easier
Cons - Low Scaling, Irrelevant after school, Heavy Content

The thing that shines to me the most is the Scaling and the Pre-Req. The topics of Physics are interesting especially Space except Motors, but all other subjects interest me so no point in saying that. As TehFlyar said, self-study/tutoring would be a way for me to improve my marks and dropping Biology would of course give me more time to study Physics.

I took a look at the Biology syllabus and everything looks fine and direct. Biotechnology looks interesting if we do it.

While.. Physics looks like fucking cancer. but scaling..

Yea I think my final decision will be Physics unless something else sways me.
Honestly just do what you would be interested in. This results in more studying and hence greater results. The scaling in this case will therefore not matter anyway.

Anousha

HSC
CHOOSE SUBJECTS YOU LOVE/GOOD IN, not something that will help you in uni, at the end of the day you want a desired ATAR and won't get that if you choose subjects which you think will help you. And biology is a heavy content subject.. Yes quite fascinating but it's full on and you have to keep up with the work/stay on top. I really do regret doing bio, too much to remember and is marked VERY harsh, I find chemistry a tad more easier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)