• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

To the science guns! (1 Viewer)

jayy100

HSC
N/A
Hey ok, could i please ask help in answering short answer responses for the sciences?

Do you tend to write more than the lines provided? Or do you try and be as succinct as possible?

Also, particularly for chemistry do you draw your structrual diagrams and provide balanced equations, wherever possible?

taeyang

HSC
Ask for more paper at the start of the exam. Not that it matters but for the last question in quanta to quarks of the independent trial, it was a 7 marker on particle accelerators and there effect on the scientific understanding.. blah blah blah.. I had 40 minutes left, so I asked for more paper and wrote 5 pages on it. bobobobooooooom 7 marks baby, but I did not neglect the rest of the questions in that time, the 5 pages took about 25 minutes, so I had a good 15 minutes to check I'de answered everything blah blah... 94%. So to answer your question, use diagrams yes and ask for more paper if you need it.

jayy100

HSC
N/A
Ok thanks for your reply :) But even for the short-answer questions? Like the 4/5 marks? Its those types of questions, that i'm having the most trouble with!

taeyang

HSC
YES! I usually take the time to right more than the lines in the short-answer ones because you can fit in more information, so you have more chances to hit the syllabus point required.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
In the shorter responses you should try to keep your answers to the lines provided, but never be afraid to get more paper and provide a diagram or just some extra explanation on what you mean.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)