• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Too late to change topic? (1 Viewer)

Abbeygale

HSC
Lately I've been thinking about changing my PIP topic. I'm finding my old topic really boring, and it's hard to get myself to work on it.
I've done a fair bit of work on the old topic- the secondary research and one methodology- but looking at the breakdown of how much actual time I've spent on it, I could probably do the same amount of work on a new topic in about two weeks.

So, is it too late now? Have any of the past HCSers changed their minds halfway through?

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i personally dont think it is too late but u would have to work your arse off to get up to where you need to be....what is your old and new topic?

at the pip lecture they said it's not too late to pick your topic but u would have to start that weekend so im sure if u start now with the support and advice of your teacher you would be able to change topics sucessfully.

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
Yeah i agree with White Spazzy it's not too late to change your topic.........as long as you don't chuck a duspara and procrastinate on the idea too long! If you want to change and you know what topic you want to change to do it and work your ass off to catch up. It's very possible......i mean people at the pip lecture hadn't even chosen their topic yet so its definetly not too late to change, as long as you're willing to work really hard....Good luck!

Abbeygale

HSC
Thanks. I seem to have picked up a lot more momentum with my new topic. I'm looking at how opinions of interracial relationships have changed in my town over the past couple of generations (I'm descended from ten pound tourists, while my boyfriend was born in China). I decided definitely to change yesterday, and already I've written a draft questionnaire and lined up an interview.

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
Yay! Sounds like you're going good!! Putting all the hard work into your new topic will really pay off in the long run! It sounds interesting! Hope everything goes well!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)