Too late to get a tutor?? (2 Viewers)

shinningstar

HSC
hi just wanting some opinions from people.
I have never had tutoring in my life before, and was wondering if there would be any point in going to one next term, seeing as though there are only trials and the actual hsc left. I was thinking of getting one for 4u maths.
my current subjects/ ranks are:
english avanced 120/160
chemistry 52/90
maths 3u 50/96
maths 4u 38/40
i go to a selective school around 10-15th in state, my estimate from school was 90.
also atar estimate will be helpful.
next year im wanting to do an engineering course at unsw (atar cut - off 91), so even if i do start going to a tutor, how much does it have the potential to increase my atar by??

HSC
It is never too late, a tutor can't give you much stuff to do as trials are just around the corner but he/she can help you with questions/concepts you have difficulty in :)
PS: I only read the title of your thread

HSC
Also, a tutor cannot help you with your atar. It depends on how much hard work you put in, I know a lot of dumb people who have excellent tutors but they just don't put that much effort.... so yeah ...

What engineering are you aiming to get into?

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No, it's not to late to get a tutor. Your tutor can help you with trials preparation and HSC preparation.

But if you're looking to get into Engineering which is 91, and you're estimating 90 - then I'm pretty sure there are bonus points programs.

shinningstar

HSC
Also, a tutor cannot help you with your atar. It depends on how much hard work you put in, I know a lot of dumb people who have excellent tutors but they just don't put that much effort.... so yeah ...

What engineering are you aiming to get into?
biomedical engineering at unsw

shinningstar

HSC
No, it's not to late to get a tutor. Your tutor can help you with trials preparation and HSC preparation.

But if you're looking to get into Engineering which is 91, and you're estimating 90 - then I'm pretty sure there are bonus points programs.
yeh they have bonus points for chem, 3u maths, and 4u maths for getting band 5 and 6, but at out school every year 100% of the people get bands 5 and 6 in those subjects - so i should have no probs with that!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
From personal experience, it can help A LOT if your tutor can design a crash revision course for you. But in the end, it's all up to how much work YOU want to put in.

Good luck!

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Go for your life and get a tutor if you are willing to make a change.

M

MichelleV

I got an English tutor for the semester prior to my exams.
I felt it really helped because I could go over essays and ideas more in depth than I could in class/with my teacher.

Considering your grade seems quite large, it might be advantageous for you to seek a tutor to help you; As the HSC draws closer, it becomes more difficult to get time with teachers because everybody else wants to see them too. Having a tutor is just another way to emphasise and assist you in increasing your marks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)