too late? (1 Viewer)

triggy

HSC
yeah, so pretty much my aim was to be "good" in year 12.
i did alright in school till i bludged through year 10 did no work for the whole or yr 11. nice.. so far i havent been studying, didnt study for my half yearly exams.. gotten average marks so far minus the ext maths half yearly i did yesterday. id be surprised if i got over 10.
is it too late to start trying and pull off a UAI in the 90's?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It's never to late to do anything. You should never think that is to late and just do the best you can so at least at the end you know you made the best of the situation.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
triggy said:
i did alright in school till i bludged through year 10 did no work for the whole or yr 11. nice.. so far i havent been studying, didnt study for my half yearly exams.. gotten average marks so far minus the ext maths half yearly i did yesterday. id be surprised if i got over 10.
I bludged through all of school until Year 10.
For maths completely forgot everything from statistics to long division (required for polynomials in MX1) in junior maths. science funtime was nice.

Well it is too late for me. I should have worked harder to strengthen my foundations, especially in English.
Should have read more novels, if I was interested in literature at all.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
triggy said:
Lol, mate i have the same question to ask. Though i didn't bludge through year 11 :p. Anyway, i think we all did shit in our half yearlies. Don't worry about it. As long as you didn't fail, then you should be fine.

HSC
ugh i feel your pain..
I did a bit of work in yr11 and did alright but by yr12 i just went downhill :(
i'm below average in 3 subs and above in 4...so i don't know where that takes me :confused: ...and i don't even have a goal other then just to do 'good' whatever that is.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
pritnep said:
It's never to late to do anything. You should never think that is to late and just do the best you can so at least at the end you know you made the best of the situation.
qft

williamc

HSC
f3nr15 said:
I bludged through all of school until Year 10.
For maths completely forgot everything from statistics to long division (required for polynomials in MX1) in junior maths. science funtime was nice.

Well it is too late for me. I should have worked harder to strengthen my foundations, especially in English.
Should have read more novels, if I was interested in literature at all.

Sif.. i bludged year 7-10 liek everyone and really year 11 aswell. Yet in 2 unit maths i find it quite easy (70%+), and yes in MX1 i forgot how to do long division with polynomials(but i dropped it for year 12). You can still get a good enough mark for maths to assist you with a UAI in the 90's.

I use to get less than 50% for English year 7-10, now in year 12 advanced im ranked 9th out of 112 (and i didn't read the book or watch the mvoie for module A). I just read plot overviews get a few quotes and ideas, a few thesis statements and BAM greater than 80%.

End of story not trying in year 7-11 doesn't mean you can get a UAI of above 90. Or even screwing up the first half of year 12, there is still a long way to go in terms of weighting wise.

Edit: I don't know whether i will get a UAI of above 90, although i think i will get pretty close.

jessc.-

HSC
i was good until year 10 and then i changed friendship groups....................................................................
And then in year 11 i was okay for the first 3 terms, until i got into a 'serious' relationship with a guy i thought was 'ideal' in the last term and so in that term i cldnt go through a whole school week without jigging 3 classes minimum. even if i wasn't going to go see my bf, i cldnt stand a full day of classes. I also knew what subjects i was going to drop before year 12 so i stopped going to those classes like 5 weeks before the prelims (i failed year 11 btw lol).......................
Now im in year 12 and i wish i cldve done better in maths back then cos my basics are all screwed up.

but sometimes i reckon working hard in year 11 is a waste - cos the marks don't go towards anything...and it's just year 11 and you should enjoy your last year of potential freedom. =)

Jezeze

HSC
I don't think it's ever too late, unless you wake up on the day of the exams and start wishing you'd tried harder. :)

I generally get 90% in maths (2 and 3 unit) and English, but have started getting around 70 in IPT and Chem, so I don't really know what sort of average that will leave me with as a UAI. Blah.

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
pritnep said:
... just do the best you can so at least at the end you know you made the best of the situation.
i'll take some of that advice...
i think i did quite well in my prelims, but now for the hsc which really counts, im crashing n burning. hate to say this but i think i got cocky from yr 11.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
i've bludged right up until year 12 halfyearlies..
and i'm expecting/demanding/wishing/praying for... a UAI of 95+...

no more bludging tho...
trials...
i'm going to show people what i've got... [haha.! - kat in detention, 10 things i hate about u..]

oh that sounds so corny..
but i've grown complacent.....!
more so ive got to remind myself of what i can achieve..
[and my tutor, whose baking me banana muffins if i achieve a certain mark in next ext 2 math test...:)! (L)!]

cupcake08

HSC
dont worry i had exactly the same freak out about two weeks ago. umm the main thing is work hard to fix things over the next 6 months, i mean trials are worth 40% in some subjects and the actual hsc exams 50% overall. so theres still heaps to be tested.

plus, in year 11 i completely stuffed english advanced right up until this time last year, which was when i realised i had to get my act together and work hard at it. in 6 months i pulled my rank up from 90/120 to 20/120.. so definitely dont lose hope :)

bmwz4

HSC
yes, yes it is too late. We are all going to die, a horrible death.

my tip of the day, get off ur ass and study. Stop making excuses and bringing prelim into it. Prelim is over, its done. HSC is now.

Goodluck:):)

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
and and nichole, you're sharing those muffins :D
more than willing
(L)
esp with u zang babeh!
haha...

we're going to gain 7kgs just like my excel study guide told me!

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
im the bludgiest bludger out of all of u... ive been skipping skool since yr 6, averaging 35 days off per semester.
since yr 12 ive had 50+ days off. its not too late to do well. i screwed up my first assessments in term 4 and made up for them by getting 90s in my ....quote]

That's some pretty good advice there, thanks alot for that.

triggy

HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
im the bludgiest bludger out of all of u... ive been skipping skool since yr 6, averaging 35 days off per semester.
since yr 12 ive had 50+ days off. its not too late to do well. i screwed up my first assessments in term 4 and made up for them by getting 90s in my assessments last term. im now in the top 10 for each subject. all u need 2 do is study for ur exams the night b4 and ull b sweet.
if it helps, my sister was below average for each of her subjects. she studied her ass off for the hsc exams and scored a uai of 96.35.
jst focus on ur studies from now on and ull be fine. be confident in urself and start studying! its easy to get a uai of 90+. every1 screws up at least one set of assessments.
yeah that is impressive. ha. 96 is insane. im feeling better now, this is good. top 10 in each? thats great =] nice work.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
just dont giv up guys. i no heaps of ppl who screwed up their first few assessments and made up for them in the trials and hsc.
accept ur reality and personal abilities. dnt set urself 2 high of a goal.
Will do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)