• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

too much to study! (1 Viewer)

ninja_star

Little Miss Vixen
HSC
thers too much to study for hospo.. i dont no wat i shld focus on!!
im doing commercial cookery and if anyone knows what i shld focus studyin on.. please let me no! otherwise most of it isnt soo bad.. its jus too broad and i need to no specific things!

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
The thing I hate about the hospitality exams is that no matter how hard I study, I always fuck up the multiple choice. I hate this "most correct answer" bullshit.

What I am doing is just doing past papers and reading notes in class from the last year. I'm gonna read some hand outs and other hospitality related stuff my teacher gave me tomorrow and on Tuesday. Remember to like focus on the legislation to do with hospitality as well.

Hope that helps, kinda haha

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
ninja_star said:
thers too much to study for hospo.. i dont no wat i shld focus on!!
im doing commercial cookery and if anyone knows what i shld focus studyin on.. please let me no! otherwise most of it isnt soo bad.. its jus too broad and i need to no specific things!
commercial cookery focuses on the methods off cookery, mise en place etc
if you have a peek at the last question on hospitality papers, it will give you a general idea about what you need to know about this topic..

the 2004 paper asks to select a method of cookery and find a suitable food that uses one of the mentioned and expand on the mise en place, cooking and presentation of this particular menu item.
you should probably know a few cooking terms, like different utensils, cuts of food, and basic sauces etc to help with the menu you will proably have to explain. Using these words makes you look like you know what your talking about ( in the right context ofcourse :p)

hope that helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)