Too much? (1 Viewer)

erm

HSC
I'm in the process of chosing my senior subects and was wondering what people thought about my preferences:

English Ext 1
Maths Ext 1
Chemistry
Physics
Studies of RE 1
Music/Economics

Is this too much? I shouldn't really count my chickens before they hatch, because my school has a tradition of running both extension classes at the same time, therefore making it unlikely that I will get both extensions. The thing is I want to do both and actually think I am capable, but for the timetable to change more people have to select both. Is this unfair? If I were to get my subjects, would it be a big load? (i mean i'm not lazy, but i want to be realistic)

cheers guys

erm

HSC
Is it so uncommon to do both English Ext. and Maths Ext.? Is this common for schools to run them at the same time?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Depends on your school. I'm doing extension english and maths right now, within school subject lines, other schools may decide to hold their extension subjects outside of normal school times, and some run them on the same line, so it really depends on your school.

erm

HSC
thats another thing...we choose differently. We put down our preferences and the teacher/computer chooses the subjects based on those preferences, not us. This is quite crap. i wish i could choose using the lines system...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
erm said:
thats another thing...we choose differently. We put down our preferences and the teacher/computer chooses the subjects based on those preferences, not us. This is quite crap. i wish i could choose using the lines system...
In that case, make sure you choose subjects that YOU WANT TO DO. It just makes it so much better when you're in year 11/12 doing what you enjoy.

13 units is fine (in year 11). It was compulsory at my school to do a total of 13 units in year 11.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
what's the deal with people love doing english ext 1? all it does is making you read an extra few texts in yr12, sit another 2 hrs of exam, and all for only 1 extra unit? i don't think its worth it.

of course, unless you love english

L

littlewing69

wuddie said:
what's the deal with people love doing english ext 1? all it does is making you read an extra few texts in yr12, sit another 2 hrs of exam, and all for only 1 extra unit? i don't think its worth it.

It's pretty light going, really. Read three books, sit a 2hr exam.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
wuddie said:

Also a lot people do extension 1 English in order for the to do 4 unit English, English extension 2. ;) That's what makes it worth it.

James747

HSC
Nah, not alot. I'll be doing 15 units next year.... =P

James747

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
That's a lot of units for the preliminary year. I'm guessing that you're accelerating a subject.
Yep, accelerating physics right now.
Will also be doing a TVET course as well, which means that i cannot drop any subjects until end of term 1.....

Hahaha...see erm? You dont have alot, I have alot!

HSC
N/A
I don't know, it seems somewhat obscene that people who want to can't do 3 units of English and maths.

13 units is okay.. Haven't you decided between music and eco yet? We have to do 12 or 13, and can do 14 if it includes ag but that's outside of school hours.

However, you're always free to drop RE..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)