• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

too overdone?? (1 Viewer)

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
im starting the year twelve course next term so that means its time to start thinking about a pip topic. I was thinking about doing how what music you listen to stereotypes you into an adolscent culture group like emos and indies and then futhering onto is it internal or external things that influence your choices and what the stereotypical features that class them as that. it sounds kinda complicated and i hope it makes sense. but what i really wanted to ask is, is that topic overdone?? everyone goes on about picking something original and i just want to know is that too old and overdone?

thanks in advance for any help :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originality comes from how you plan and execute your research, not whether your topic is original or not. Every year I get students asking me this question over and over again, but really, the way you carry out, write and construct your PIP is how you show your originality. And this is what the markers are looking for, not whether you have a completely brand-new, never-before-done topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)