Tori Amos? (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Just wondering...what does everyone think of Tori Amos?
Up until about 6 months ago, I had heard barely any of her stuff. But after hearing a friend I talk to online going on and on about how great she was, I decided to buy 'Little Earthquakes', to see what she was going on about. I'd always sort of assumed she was some airy-fairy, waffly singer who played up some sorta "nutbag" role, who sung self pitying songs about her being a poor victim...I got such a shock when I actually listened to her! I rushed out and bought all her other albums, and she is now number 2 on my list of fave artists. I think she's fantastic...but it seems that everyone either adores her or despises her!

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
i had a similar experience, a friend was a die hard fan and always ranting on about her, but i was pretty indifferent, liked the radio songs ok, but nothing fantastic. then one day i was shopping and say 'under the pink' for $10 and thought it was a bit of a bargin and bought it. i played it on the drive home and just got blown away and ended up siting in the car for ages, i didnt want to press stop. i think she is amazingly talented and would kill to see her live.

Leap

free falling
HSC
A friend of my recommended that I go and download some of her songs, so I did, and I was surprised at how good they were. I might buy one of her albums when I have enough money.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by Leap
A friend of my recommended that I go and download some of her songs, so I did, and I was surprised at how good they were. I might buy one of her albums when I have enough money.
Try for "Boys For Pele" or "Under the Pink". I've seen them around plenty of places lately for $15 each. ("Boys For Pele" is her best, IMO.)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i've only heard a few of her singles, cornflake girl etc, and they sound allright. i might buy one of her albums if i see it in a bargin bin or something, or if i can get a copy of an album from a mate that'd also be good.

*points to post count*

ooh ahh, that'd make this the post of The Beast.
pity it'll only last until my next post. oh well :p

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Tori Amos is one cool chick. Her music is very good.

If you love her you are all going to love PJ Harvey. She is an awesome musician and can rock pretty hard even though potrating a fragile and sobre personality!!! Check her out sometime!!!

grem

tori amos is really cool !!
scarlet's walk is good though not as good as her previous releases , her voice is really unique and warm
which songs of hers do you guys like ?
i like cornflake girl , professional widow , silent all these years ,
crucify , 1000 oceans and lot more ................
is she really coming to sydney ?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by grem

scarlet's walk is good though not as good as her previous releases , her voice is really unique and warm
which songs of hers do you guys like ?
i like cornflake girl , professional widow , silent all these years ,
crucify , 1000 oceans and lot more ................
My fave Tori song is Mother. Other faves are Precious Things, Leather, Crucify, Pretty Good Year, Cornflake Girl, The Waitress, Space Dog, Professional Widow, Cooling, Blood Roses, Mr Zebra, Sugar, Caught A Lite Sneeze, Hey Jupiter, Little Amsterdam, Cloud On My Tongue, Putting The Damage On, Bliss, Spring Haze, Glory of the 80s. New Age, Spark, Rasberry Swirl, She's Your Cocaine, I Can't See New York, and Playboy Mommy.

I agree that Scarlets Walk isn't her best work, but I'm still loving it! I think her worst album has been Strange Little Girls...I only really like about 3 songs off it. But thats a cover albums, so that doesn't count. ;)

Zannaz-I was listening to "Stories From the City, Stories From The Sea" as I read your message.;) Yes, PJ Harvey is great.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
tori rocks my world!
'little earthquakes' would be my favourite album of hers...
but i LOVED her cover of 'smells like teen spirit'...

and yes, i also own all of PJ's albums...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)