• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tossing up between ANU and UTAS (1 Viewer)

Andi0390

HSC
Hi,
I'm freaking out about university and I don't know where I should go. I have gotten into a BA at both ANU and University of Tasmania. I hate Canberra, which is where I live, and I might like Tas, I've never been there. I really would like to go to Tasmania, but I don't want to throw away my education for no reason. ANU is a good uni.

I just don't know what to do. Does the uni really even matter with a BA? How hard would transferring be from UTAS to ANU if I hated it there?

What are they each like? Is anyone on here going to Tas, or go there? How hard is it to find a place to live? Does anyone on here go to the ANU? What do you think of the people there and the atmosphere? Is it sort of as bad as the rest of Canberra, if you know what I mean?

Thanks for any advice.

lionking1191

HSC
why not USYD for arts if ur going interstate anyway

and i'd imagine arts is great at ANU, for asia-pacific studies at least. it's just the lack of social scene that you are worried about i'm guessing?

Andi0390

HSC
No, its not social scene thats bothering me. Canberra has one that I am aware of, if you like that kind of thing.

Its the steralised career driven nature of Canberra that I don't like. Its such a fake city. Nothing here is real, and it takes ages to see that, and when you do its just depressing. I don't know if university here will be any different to normal life here.

Its a strange place, what kind of city has laws against front fences and digs out a huge hole for a lake?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)