• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

transfering courses?? (1 Viewer)

nevmirza

Premium Member
HSC
hey guys....

i jsut had my UAI prediction (term 4 assessment and haf yearlies) of 84.6.... however i can hopfully bump this up to low 90s.

my question is.... i really want to do law but i dont think im going to get 99.9999 or whatver it is to do law... so if i get into a uni course at Syd or MAC is it easy to transfer to law or what happens???

bmwz4

HSC
nevmirza said:
hey guys....

i jsut had my UAI prediction (term 4 assessment and haf yearlies) of 84.6.... however i can hopfully bump this up to low 90s.

my question is.... i really want to do law but i dont think im going to get 99.9999 or whatver it is to do law... so if i get into a uni course at Syd or MAC is it easy to transfer to law or what happens???
who predicted your UAI?

P

pLuvia

School raw marks mean nothing a school can set extremely easy exams and someone could get 90+ and predict a UAI of 100, won't necessarily happen.

Now, with transferring, they will look at your UAI and uni results I believe and determine if you are worthy of being in their uni. It doesn't matter what uni you go to for Law or any course (some with an exception) as long as you do well you should be fine and employer friendly. If you want to transfer do really well in your 1st year at uni and you might have a chance

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if you dont think that youre capable of gettin 99+, then i suggest you work hard and get close to the cut off, because when you want to transfer externally, then usually take half of your UAI and half of your first year tertiary results
law is usually very competitive...even with non recent school leavers

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
nevmirza said:
hey guys....

I can't remember exactly, but usually it is recommended that you have a UAI of 97+ and a Distinction average to be likely to transfer into law after the first year at USYD. Something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)