Transferring?? B.Sci --> B.Sci (Adv) (1 Viewer)

Sharpstone

HSC
I am entering my third and final year of a B.Sci degree, I plan on doing honours in 2010 and want to transfer to B.Sci adv just for to have the thing written on my transcript. My UAI in 2006 was 79.15 and my WAM after two years is ~70. How will I go about transferring?? Do I have to make up any courses? if so this sucks....

On the UNSW handbook it says something like you need to do a LIFE course in the first year (3UOC) for the biochem major in adv science whereas in B.Sci we didn't have to do that???

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I am entering my third and final year of a B.Sci degree, I plan on doing honours in 2010 and want to transfer to B.Sci adv just for to have the thing written on my transcript. My UAI in 2006 was 79.15 and my WAM after two years is ~70. How will I go about transferring?? Do I have to make up any courses? if so this sucks....

On the UNSW handbook it says something like you need to do a LIFE course in the first year (3UOC) for the biochem major in adv science whereas in B.Sci we didn't have to do that???

Regards,
Chris
i hardly think having the phrase "adv" will make any difference to your job prospects..

EdmondDW

HSC
Probably it is hard for u to transfer into advanced science. For B.Sci(adv), u need to keep a wam>70 every term...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC

Regards,
Chris
I really don't see a point of transferring into Adv sicence - that's my opinion. The best thing you can do is to get into Honours and try your best getting the highest possible mark. A first class Honours degree will go a long way and open a lot of doors, regardless of whether you are in science or advanced science.

Good luck.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
A first class Honours degree will go a long way and open a lot of doors, regardless of whether you are in science or advanced science.
I agree. Your GPA over your BSc (especially in your final year majors) and a 1st class honours is worth more than BSc (Adv). Getting 1st class honours will also make it much easier later if you apply for PhD scholarships and funding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)