Transferring into Law (1 Viewer)

UNSWWWW

HSC
Hey, I currently am a first year studying Commerce at UNSW and am thinking about transferring into law/commerce at UNSW. My ATAR + LAT combo was high enough to get into law (I got an offer but declined). How would I go about transferring? Would I use IPT or UAC? If so, how does it work? Also, am I able to decline the offer if I change my mind?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You can transfer into the Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws through IPT. In doing so, you should be aware of the following requirements:
  • You need to have completed a minimum of 48 units of credits at UNSW. If I am not mistaken, this equates to a minimum of 8 subjects, which I assume you would've completed at this stage?
  • You have not failed any course.
  • You are not in your final year. ✅
  • You need to have a WAM of at least 75. However, given the competitive nature of admission into this program, a WAM of 75 does not guarantee entry.
Additionally, keep in mind that this transfer is only offered in Term 1 (if you are not already aware of this), meaning that you should ensure that you are aware of any deadlines as you initiate your transfer.

As far as I am aware, you should be able to decline an offer if you happen to change your mind then, just as you would if you make a standard application through UAC.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)