Transferring Partner Faculty (1 Viewer)

04er

HSC
Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about changing my combined degree (i.e. from law/commerce to law/arts or law/science). Would anyone know what procedure I would need to go through? And when I could actually do this?

Thanks for your help!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I'm pretty sure that you'd have to go through UAC.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
04er said:
Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about changing my combined degree (i.e. from law/commerce to law/arts or law/science). Would anyone know what procedure I would need to go through? And when I could actually do this?

Thanks for your help!
maybe at the end of the year thru UAC

Generator

HSC
N/A
04er

http://www.science.usyd.edu.au/current/ug/downloads/2005_int_transfer.pdf

That form suggests that a similar form/function would be available from the Arts faculty. I'm assuming that by now you have already looked into it, though, but if not I doubt that you would have to go through UAC again given that you apply for a combined law position rather than arts/law, science/law, etc. in particular.

Most importantly, be sure to go and ask if you have not already done so.

04er

HSC
Thanks!!

Generator said:
04er

http://www.science.usyd.edu.au/current/ug/downloads/2005_int_transfer.pdf

That form suggests that a similar form/function would be available from the Arts faculty. I'm assuming that by now you have already looked into it, though, but if not I doubt that you would have to go through UAC again given that you apply for a combined law position rather than arts/law, science/law, etc. in particular.

Most importantly, be sure to go and ask if you have not already done so.
Thank you for your help Generator!! The first form helped me in particular :uhhuh: I needed to make sure it was still possible to transfer (without going through UAC again). I'm giving Commerce a shot for now, but if I still hate it by the end of semester, it's bye bye Commerce :chainsaw: and hello Science (or possibly Arts) ;)

Last edited:

akira1285

HSC
04er said:
Hey everyone,

Thanks for your help!
you can change it though the law faculty apparently, u dont have to go through UAC. Thats what one of the associate professors said in one of those welcome sessions.

04er

HSC
yeh I emailed law fac info today and that's the response I got. Whoever replied wasn't very nice about it though. They're like, 'you've chosen commerce and it would be 'silly' to change your mind'. Silly?! Silly to be doing something you actually enjoy rather than be following a flock of money-hungry sheep?! FUCK OFF!!

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
04er said:
yeh I emailed law fac info today and that's the response I got. Whoever replied wasn't very nice about it though. They're like, 'you've chosen commerce and it would be 'silly' to change your mind'. Silly?! Silly to be doing something you actually enjoy rather than be following a flock of money-hungry sheep?! FUCK OFF!!
lol, thats obnoxious of them if they meant it that way

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
04er said:
... hmmm ... that does sound rather inappropriate. You would have thought that of all the faculties, the LAW people would have been more careful in what they commit to writing ... regardless of the meaning behind it. *Unhappy thoughts* to the faculty staff member who sent you that email.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)