• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Transferring (1 Viewer)

bubble_tea

I really really want to do B.Design (visual Comm) combined with International Studies, but I doubt I'd be able to reach a 98 UAI.. In fact, I doubt I'd get 80+..

I know I could do just the Visual Comm degree and transfer into the combined degree the year later, But I really doubt I'd get into Visual anyway since the cutoff is about 93

Anyways, I was going through the UAC Guide and I found that they offer the same course at UWS (Which I want to avoid going to) and they offer Industrial Design.. Both are around the early 80's..

Is it better to do the visual course at UWS and transfer into the same course at UTS? Or is it better to stay at UTS doing Industrial as I have a more likely chance of transferring since I'm on the campus.. Plus all my friends are going to be at UTS and I'm more of a City person, I've been travelling to Penrith to go to school for 6 years of my life, and I can't bare another 4!!

oh yeah, is there a large market for industrial designers in Australia or Japan?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
http://www.dia.org.au/index.cfm?module=newsitem&id=86

If you can be bothered to read through it all. Basically: Here in Australia I don't think there is such a huge demand for industrial designers, and I hear that it's really quite competitive.

Last paragraph:
"If you’re thinking of hanging out your industrial design shingle don’t be put off. As history demonstrates a determined newcomer can carve market share out of a competitive market. A key ingredient is being informed and realistic about the market you’re entering and tailoring strategies that match the realities."

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
hmm interesting, im in the same kind of dilemma, i dont know if i should put in my preferences industrial.. or another lower UAI course in design at UTS or apply for vis comm at another uni.. im also trying for INSEARCH.. lower UAi, because i know im not going to get 92.7 :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)