Transfers to USYD and UNSW Law (1 Viewer)

M@C D@DDY

HSC
i was just wondering, all the unis want 95+ UAI and a distinction avg in first yr studies to transfer into combined law degrees... Wat if i choose to do law say at UTS or MAC and then transfer? Would studying law be a disadvantage to transfer because wouldn't someone just doing commerce have a much better chance of getting a distinction avg?? Thanks

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Depends what you're good at, if you're good at law stuff then you'll be at an advantage doing a law subject, even if it's more demanding.

You must also decide whether you really want to do law, if so, then you should to com/law, if not, then it may be more appropriate to just do commerce and risk not being able to graduate with a law degree in 5 years time.

But hey, don't worry about such things yet, you've still got more than a month till your hsc and if you buckle down and blitz it, then you might just find yourself in your dream course one year ahead of your planned schedule ;)

M@C D@DDY

HSC
dunno.. ur the vintage yr at high :) :) maybi not us dis yr.. and also if say me on track for high 98 is it possible to still make unsw law?

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Unless you're going for full fee or EAS, it's very unlikely. Cutoff's for usyd and unsw law aren't going to fall...

M@C D@DDY

HSC
like wat i mean is if i knuckle down and work hard can i improve my uai by like 0.5?

santaslayer

HSC
Your're not going to get into UNSW/USYD with a 98.00 this year....not even with a dead 99.00, you'll need a bit more than that. :)

and of course you can improve your marks by 0.5....maybe even more...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)