Transistor question (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Gather, process and present secondary information to discuss how shortcomings in available communication technology lead to an inceased knowledge of the properties of materials with particular reference to the invention of the transistor

Can someone please explain to me what this mean?

xeriphic

pretty common questions asked, try searching the forums for transistors and you will find alot of results

basically it is about how thermionic devices (valves) were used in communications in telephones, due to its numerous faults it required for a replacement, at the same time the three scientists were also researching for replacements and came across some past invention which led to the invension of the transistor, not really detailed but covers the basic idea

in this point you need to talk about what were the disadvantage of thermionic devices which lead to their shortcomings, what materials were potential to transistors and relate to its properties, as well as the advantages of transistors which became such a important discovery with a significant impact on the society

talk about silicon, germanium and how doping improves the conductivity, p type and n type as well

as for the history best to research, i remember the first transistor used germanium called the point contact transistor as it was from the German radar or something, then junction transistors and now field-effect transistors

cko

HSC
hey didn't we have a thread on this before.... ? but this dot pt ain't particularly diff to get info for

za

HSC
do u have to know about the transistors,diodes,triodes etc in terms of their structure? or is it enough just to know their advantages and disadvantages etc

wahashtini

za u seem to be a very intelligent gentleman, u always seem to be asking questions and not answering them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)