Translation (1 Viewer)

B

Bambul

Hi, I'm not even sure if this is Latin (I don't see "est" anywhere in there but I don't know what else it could be). Just wondering if there is anyone here who can have ashot at tranlsating this or letting me know if there is any sort of online tranlator where I can do it (even if it is bad, I couldn't find any at all):

Duis te feugi facilisi. Duis autem dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit au gue duis dolore te feugat nulla facilisi gue duis dolore te feugat nulla facilisi autem dolor in hendrerit in vulputate.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Most of it looks like it could be potential Latin...

"zzril"???

Perhaps you should look at the original and check that everything is spelled correctly. There are some obvious typos in the above, and probably some more that would change it to make it make more sense.

B

Bambul

I just did a copy paste, didn't make any changes. I found it on the NUS website.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
that one's easy (primarily due to the fact that i love usyd)... it was explained to us during one of our latin thingies at usyd... :)

"[Although] the stars have changed, the mind has not."

one understanding of the motto is that although we have been located in the southern hemisphere
(the stars and constellations are hence changed compared to the northern hemisphere), our thirst and quest for knowledge have not ceased.

nice motto, don't you think? :)

Last edited:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid
that one's easy (primarily due to the fact that i love usyd)... it was explained to us during one of our latin thingies at usyd... :)

one understanding of the motto is that although we have been located in the southern hemisphere
(the stars and constellations are hence changed compared to the northern hemisphere), our thirst and quest for knowledge have not ceased.

yeah, that's a very good motto- kinda shows u the times at which USyd opened at- i.e everybody thought it was a convict land and stuff. :)

btw, what does the one in unsw mean ("munu et mente") and its also got "scientia" at the top. :D

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
well, 'scientia' means knowledge, intelligence, science... also happens to be their prettiest building...

and the 'manu et mente' means by hand and mind...

uts doesn't have a motto... the law motto is in spanish/italian (???), but the LSS (Law Students Society) motto i can't read atm... the pic is too small.

B

Bambul

Actually "manu et mente" translates to: Sydney uni sucks.

Trust me. ;)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid

haha my reading is that USyd is a stubborn and cocky bugger that refuse to change with and adapt to the passing of time, forever living in the past:D

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
haha my reading is that USyd is a stubborn and cocky bugger that refuse to change with and adapt to the passing of time, forever living in the past:D
i hail u king!!!!!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
UTS emblem and logo

The emblem embodies three main components. The most prominent feature is the anchor drawn from the coat of arms of the City of Sydney where the largest campus of UTS is located. It reinforces the University's traditional close links with government, commerce and industry within the city.

The base of the anchor also forms one of the spirals of the double helix in the representation of the DNA molecule, the basic building block of life itself. The symbol, therefore, reflects the innovative, technological character of the University.

The wave motif at the base complements the other elements in the design, and underlies the maritime position of the City of Sydney.

This contemporary design is contained in a heraldic shield which provides a sense of continuity with tradition for institutions of higher learning through the ages.

The emblem (in teal blue PMS 321) can be used singly, or in association with the stylised 'UTS' acronym to form the UTS logo.

:rolleyes: sound a bit like english - analysing a pictorial text :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)