Treatment vs management technologies (1 Viewer)

Porogamiii

HSC
Hey biologist -- I just received my trials back and am a bit confused about this question. I got a 0 and wrote about kidney transplants, but my teacher said that's not a technology (?) and is in fact a treatment for renal failure, not a technology used to manage it. Is that correct, or do I have a case to argue for a remark?
Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 6.08.14 pm.png

dasfas

HSC
Management and treatment may sound similar, but they are quite different. A way to manage kidney failure would be haemo/peritoneal dialysis.

I wouldn't really say kidney transplant is a way to manage it as it's more of a last ditch effort to save someone's life and when other options have been exhausted.

That aside, 0 / 6 is quite harsh, as if you described kidney transplant correctly, surely that merits some marks?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey biologist -- I just received my trials back and am a bit confused about this question. I got a 0 and wrote about kidney transplants, but my teacher said that's not a technology (?) and is in fact a treatment for renal failure, not a technology used to manage it. Is that correct, or do I have a case to argue for a remark?
View attachment 32052
Appeal it for the sake of appealing it. It sounds like you've put in effort and from what @dasfas said earlier, it sounds like your work warrants at least a few marks. It's the end of the year most teachers just say f it and give you pity marks.

Porogamiii

HSC
Yeah, the criteria is pretty specific -- but I think my response should be worth at least 1 mark as I described what renal failure is. There wouldn't be an error carried forward for the 2nd dot point right? Thanks for the explanation anyway though.
Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 9.16.31 am.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)