Trial Prep help (1 Viewer)

Yusra366

HSC
hey guys, just wandering if anyone knows how I can sort my preparations for trials in an efficient manner?
So trials for me start on the 18th August which is Paper 1 for English, then Paper 2 the next day on Thursday. The week after on Monday 23rd August is Maths, 25th August (Wednesday) is studies of religion 2 and Thursday is Business Studies and then the week after on Monday is Biology. So what I have left to do is go over my bio content which is Mod 5, Mod 6, Mod 7 (this is the longest), Mod 8. With trial papers I have done 10 for Maths, 4 for English, 2 for SOR, 1 for Business (but I have been doing reports and essays separately), 1 for Biology (but I have also been doing selected questions) I would also have to revise all the content that I have memorised for SOR, English and Business before the trial exams for them. So I am just wondering how I can fit revising for the content I have memorised already, doing sufficient amount of trial papers and also revising for Bio this week, next week and the week after till Tuesday?

DheerChoudhury

HSC
Well sounds like you got a lot to do, like most people lol. I think you'd have to divide your tasks by the number of days, giving a fair amount of work across the days (e.g. one day of hard Bio work can be accompanied by some easy, fun Math).
Literally, sit down, and write out all the tasks you have, and I guess rate them on a scale, according to how draining it will be/how long it would take. It's a weird way I know, but you could use this to pair up tasks of opposing ends of the scale, so you're not too drained on any particular day.
Also, always stick by the 8-8-8 rule (8 hours of SLEEP, 8 hours of productive work, and 8 hours of leisure time).
Also, a tip: study your exam schedule backward (e.g. start with Bio and work your way towards Paper 1).
A hodgepodge of tips, but I hope it helped in the slightest way :D

Yusra366

HSC
Well sounds like you got a lot to do, like most people lol. I think you'd have to divide your tasks by the number of days, giving a fair amount of work across the days (e.g. one day of hard Bio work can be accompanied by some easy, fun Math).
Literally, sit down, and write out all the tasks you have, and I guess rate them on a scale, according to how draining it will be/how long it would take. It's a weird way I know, but you could use this to pair up tasks of opposing ends of the scale, so you're not too drained on any particular day.
Also, always stick by the 8-8-8 rule (8 hours of SLEEP, 8 hours of productive work, and 8 hours of leisure time).
Also, a tip: study your exam schedule backward (e.g. start with Bio and work your way towards Paper 1).
A hodgepodge of tips, but I hope it helped in the slightest way :D
This is really helpful thank you so much for these tips.
So with Bio, what you mean is to start bio revision first and then work my to do trial papers?

DheerChoudhury

HSC
This is really helpful thank you so much for these tips.
So with Bio, what you mean is to start bio revision first and then work my to do trial papers?
Yeah definitely revise and make sure you know the general content prior to a trial paper. What I found was that after completing a trial paper and identifying what questions I got wrong/couldn't do at all, helps to strengthen weak areas that are otherwise difficult to identify.
So for example for Physics, I wasn't particularly sure about Mod 7. I gave a quick read of all the content (very brief) and sat a paper. This helped me locate questions that I discovered I had neglected to put much time into.

Yusra366

HSC
Yeah definitely revise and make sure you know the general content prior to a trial paper. What I found was that after completing a trial paper and identifying what questions I got wrong/couldn't do at all, helps to strengthen weak areas that are otherwise difficult to identify.
So for example for Physics, I wasn't particularly sure about Mod 7. I gave a quick read of all the content (very brief) and sat a paper. This helped me locate questions that I discovered I had neglected to put much time into.
wow yh that's exactly what my bio teacher recommended to do as well, so to just do as many trial papers and see the common questions they ask and from which modules most of the questions are coming from and that way you are also learning your content as well.
This was of great help, thanks a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)