Trials Illness & Misadventure for mental health (1 Viewer)

applesauce2018

HSC
Not sure if this is the correct forum to put this in - oh well.

So the trials have started and I'm not going great. I've got bad anxiety that's causing me to have way too much stress over everything, and a load of ongoing personal and mental health stuff happening in the background. After very average performance through Years 11-12, in the past two months I've just crumbled. I'm depressed, self destructive and constantly worrying about school to the point where I feel like I can barely talk to my friends about anything other than the HSC and my mental state. Despite this I've been so unmotivated and burnt out I can barely study.

So far I've only had two exams, the two English Standard ones, and I went abysmally. I don't know if I'm going to magically improve for the rest of this exam period, so I'm asking if anyone knows if it's possible for me to apply for misadventure in an attempt to not get abhorrent marks? I'm somewhat split over whether I'll be able to do this, it's not like any one 'event' caused this to happen, and obviously the trials have already started so it's gonna be a while before I can see a psychologist again and attempt to get a doctor's certificate, so I'll probably be submitting many of these after sitting the exams...

Has anyone got an idea of whether or not it'll be possible to submit misadventure for this? I don't want to have to waste my time or embarrass myself going through the process and being told I'm ineligible. Has anyone gone through something similar?

Anyways, thanks. stay safe everyone.

funny123

HSC

So the trials have started and I'm not going great. I've got bad anxiety that's causing me to have way too much stress over everything, and a load of ongoing personal and mental health stuff happening in the background. After very average performance through Years 11-12, in the past two months I've just crumbled. I'm depressed, self destructive and constantly worrying about school to the point where I feel like I can barely talk to my friends about anything other than the HSC and my mental state. Despite this I've been so unmotivated and burnt out I can barely study.

So far I've only had two exams, the two English Standard ones, and I went abysmally. I don't know if I'm going to magically improve for the rest of this exam period, so I'm asking if anyone knows if it's possible for me to apply for misadventure in an attempt to not get abhorrent marks? I'm somewhat split over whether I'll be able to do this, it's not like any one 'event' caused this to happen, and obviously the trials have already started so it's gonna be a while before I can see a psychologist again and attempt to get a doctor's certificate, so I'll probably be submitting many of these after sitting the exams...

Has anyone got an idea of whether or not it'll be possible to submit misadventure for this? I don't want to have to waste my time or embarrass myself going through the process and being told I'm ineligible. Has anyone gone through something similar?

Do you mean misadventure for trials or for hsc? Assuming your talking about the trial (although this applies to the hsc as well) we had a year group meeting today we're they said that you can apply for a misadventure for mental health even after you have sat the exam. Maybe trying to get a doctor's note (or any other professional's written word) could help your misadventure. But make sure to contact the relevant people at your school as soon as possible. But to answer your question this is totally acceptable/recommended and you should definitely go through the process. Hope you feel better and reach out if u need someone to talk to. :)

HscAddict1111

HSC

for my school at least, if you feel stressed please go talk to the head teacher or the people in the room when you sit the test beforehand, and then submit a misadventure. I'm sure you will get accepted and make sure to attempt submitting even if it gets rejected, remember your health is always first priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)