• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trials (1 Viewer)

winicat

HSC
I just did my trial paper today. My careers advisor gave me the tip of going to all classes before an exam to find out what the test is on (cause teachers tell you subconciously) and it actually worked. Our teacher had been revising modernisation and globalisation with us and they were the first two questions of the paper!!! It wasn't too bad except I was stupid and only left 20 minutes for my equality and difference essay and only wrote two pages!!!!
Hope the rest of the "Society and Culture" world did alright :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
hey! how come my teachers never told me what's in the exams! :p

mishka

HSC
N/A
i guess by now we should all have a general idea anyways.... :)

liddy

hooray for globalisation questions! oi wini, i did the same thing...totally screwed up my timing and ended up writing little and badly for e&d..oh well

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Ideally, you should write about 4 to 5 pages for your 20 marks extended responses in the HSC examination booklet. The spacing is large, in which you will have the opportunity to see it first in your paper 1 - English or check out the standards packages.

As to your own school writing booklet I'm not sure. The spacing in my school's writing booklet was small, so I wrote about 2.5 pages for each extended response.

I strongly recommand students to start the extended response first because they are harder then Section I. I also starts with them because I can guarrantee myself 19-20/20 for each of my essays. This is important because the two extended response make up 40% of your total mark! Think about it! 40% worth of extended response and 30% for your long and hard PIP work!! ususally I do section I last. They are easy marks.

liddy

nessie_lee said:
no comment...other than mine was awful! and i studied really hard for it coz it's my best subject..... it came outta left field...
*hugs* thats the prob with this subject..u can study ur butt off and get a really vague question thats just...weird. oh well...spose thats wot we get for a conceptually based course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)