• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tribute. (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
No, this is not the greatest song i the world. This is just a tribute. Although I couldv'e dont this on LU or something, I thought it would be much simpler here.

Sniff sniff, here is my tribute to the long time srvants of the NRL who will not grace our shores in the name of rugby league next year.

Darren Smith
Games; 238; Brisbane Broncos, Canterbury Bulldogs
22 Origins for Queensland

Stacey Jones
Games; 238; New Zealand Warriors
34 tests for New Zealand

Mark Hughes
Games; 161; Newcastle Knights
3 Origins for NSW

Paul Rauhihi
Games; 127; Newcastle Knights, Canterbury Bulldogs, North Queensland Cowboys
11 Tests for New Zealand

Bryan Fletcher
Games; 170; Sydney Roosters, South Sydney Rabbitohs
14 Games for NSW
8 Tests for Australia

Luke Ricketson
Games; 301; Sydney Roosters
10 Games for NSW
5 Tests

Jason Stevens
Games; 231; St. George Dragons, Cronulla Sharks
8 Games for NSW
14 Tests for Australia

David Peachey
Games; 231; Cronulla Sharks
1 Game for NSW [fucking Gould.]
1 Test for Australia

Damn. I'll miss 'em.
Yeh, the images came out as links. Fuck that.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I didnt realise Fletch and Rauhihi were retiring, that is disappointing. but not as disappointing as no more David Peachey magic :(

I guess i'll miss those times when i'd swear aloud as the Peach would do things that only the Peach could, frustrating, but almost always came off.

I'll miss big Jas too, but im sure we'll all be seeing him much more on the footy show.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Go Stacey, I hope he finishes a winner when he comes out of retirement for the Tri Nations. Benji + Stacey = awesome

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
copious said:
Go Stacey, I hope he finishes a winner when he comes out of retirement for the Tri Nations. Benji + Stacey = awesome
copious, as far as I know, Benji Marshall is going in for surgery as soon as the NRL season finishes. Which means he won't be playing in the Tri-Nations.

At least, that's what was GOING TO HAPPEN a few weeks ago. Perhaps the situation has changed ...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
I win...

Marshall dismisses Tri Nations rumours
14:15 AEST Sat Sep 10 2005
AAP
Benji Marshall has crushed any glimmer of hope that he will join forces with prodigal son Stacey Jones for New Zealand in the upcoming Tri Nations rugby league series.

Wests Tigers five-eighth Marshall has been booked in for surgery to his troublesome right shoulder once his NRL season ends.

But there was speculation he would delay the operation to play in two Tests in the Australasian stage of the tournament to partner Jones in the halves.

Marshall put the rumours to rest following his starring role for the Tigers in their 50-6 thumping of North Queensland at Telstra Stadium in the joint venture club's maiden finals appearance.

"I'd love to play and now that Stacey's playing I want to be there even more," the 20-year-old said about the Tri Nations, which starts in Sydney on October 15.

"I'm more worried about the long run than the short run.

"I was a bit shattered that I couldn't play but that's football.

"I want to be around for 10 years, not two."

Asked if there was any chance he would make himself available for the Kiwis' Tests in Sydney and Auckland, Marshall replied: "I honestly don't think so.

"My shoulder definitely needs a bit of tidying. I think I'll get it done now instead of risking anything worse."

Marshall would relish the opportunity to play alongside Jones, a veteran of 34 Tests who is coming out of international retirement to help the Kiwis under new coach Brian McClennan.

"Growing up as a kid and watching league, Stacey is an icon in New Zealand," said Marshall.

"It would've been a dream to play with him but that's life."

Meanwhile, Marshall revealed he had set a goal to run the football more following the Tigers back-to-back losses heading into the clash.

"My personal goal before the game was to take the line on and run a bit more," he said.

"I've been worrying about trying to pass too much. It made me be a lot more patient and I just backed myself."

There was no better example than Marshall's deceptive footwork which set up the first of three tries for fullback Brett Hodgson, who finished with a personal haul of 30 points.

Marshall picked up the ball at lock from a scrum, stepped Cowboys fullback Matt Bowen and drew in Paul Bowman to create a huge hole for Hodgson.

"I know that if Benji gets the ball I'm just going to run up near him," said Hodgson.

"If I can get anywhere close to him he's going to do something special and thankfully it happened to me."

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
damn i was hoping the rumours were true, but I guess its not meant to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)