Trimesters (2 Viewers)

vajayjay

HSC
Guys are UNSW trimesters really bad? I've seen so many people saying that you fly through content and you are just smashed with assignments week in week out, because of the pace you must learn your content in.

Does anyone have any experience with UNSW trimesters they can share

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Guys are UNSW trimesters really bad? I've seen so many people saying that you fly through content and you are just smashed with assignments week in week out, because of the pace you must learn your content in.

Does anyone have any experience with UNSW trimesters they can share
I've only been at UNSW for two terms but trimesters are easily the worst part of UNSW even though they are manageable if you stay on top of your studies. Everything feels super rushed towards the end of term, but you start feeling like everything comes and goes pretty quickly and as a result everything starts to feel rushed. The middle part of term is when all the assignments come out so the mid-term break week isn't even a mid-term break week it's just you catching up on lectures if you have any and going through your assignments 😭 I like having one less course to do albeit at the cost of a faster pace, though but that's a very tiny pro and ig also kinda dependent on your degree, this term has been pretty chill though for me cos I picked chill courses this term admittedly so I don't think the trimester burnout has hit me that hard just yet

Another issue is that if you go to UNSW your holidays inevitably don't match up with your friends who go to semester-based universities (cos right now we're zooming past the middle of term and towards the end while everyone else is on semester break) but I never saw it as a big deal cos almost all my friends go to UNSW anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)