• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

trouble in formal organising/students etc? (1 Viewer)

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i know my school has heaps, students in my year most of them organise fundraising e.g washing teachers cars, chocolate etc but dont end doing it and expect others to do their work, and formal's around the corner and alot of students are so fussy about rules where our year advisers said to be no guests are allowed to our formal, no alcohol, etc and groups in our school refuse to help eachother because they dont like that group, that person too bitchy etc and groups are not getting together to make an effort into it, everyone's fussy about it in our school and now people are thinkng of organising their own "group" mini formals for themselves instead probably getting together as year 12 students.....

anyone have these situations at year 12 formal organising etc???

Tingaling

HSC
i am in the formal committie and we hadnt had much trouble locating and organising the payments.
you have to get in real quick or else someone else might have booked the dates. we suggested voting from the year, and we voted for the posible dates, then we voted for the locations the committie has come up with. and so on...

the money thing is a bit of a hassle at the moment, because we need the money in so soon and not every knows whether they are taking a partner we dont get as much money in as we need! but we are working on it ^^

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
tell your school to get fucked, it's your formal.

i am so grateful we organise and book our own formal

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
We havent had any problems.

The grade has left it to our school captain/his mum to organise it all, and there have being no problems at all.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
my year doesnt have any trouble with that stuff. we dont really have 'groups'. everyones friends with everyone, and everyone cooperates with the formal committee people. The choice for location for the formal was made really easily. basically the committee came up with about 10 different places, and we all voted on one, a cruise. It was simple. There was some discussion over whether alcohol should be served, and again, a vote was taken, and now there will be alcohol. the only objection i have to my formal is no teachers coming. Its just the students coz its not a school event, so none of the teachers want responsibility if anything happened. Not even my year advisor will be there. :(

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Murf said:
We have had some issues over the location of our formal, last year we gave notice to the school (begining of year 11) regarding where we wanted to have it and they said it was fine, thanks for going to them early. This year, they said no we couldent change the booking, pretty much they lied to us and now all of the students are forced having it somewhere where we dont want to!

But such is life, it will still be fun etc with all the people involved and every1 who will be there :) and the afterparty will sure be good as well :) we dont really have much of a problem among students more against the school where they had booked it.

Murf
Hey Murf,
where are you havin ur formal?? Ours is at Citybeach and its on a MONDAY NIGHT!! How shit is that??
I suppose its what we get when no one decides to do anything bout it til late!
AND our yearbook...my god nothing has been done bout that either

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
we dont have a say in our formal, our year advisors organised the whole thing and we have only just found out the location of formal a few weeks ago. then again without our year advisors organising it, nothing would get done however it would have been nice to have some say in what happens considering that is also going to be my 18th on the night!

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
ours is at four seasons hotel.. duno if it's good or not. ^_^

our formal committee are having trouble getting enough people to pay.. we're short of 20 people to have a big formal.. or else they said we gona hafta settle for a small formal.. whatever that is..

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
according to some reliable sources...

our formal might be cancelled... *sniffs* *cries*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)