• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

truth or lie (2 Viewers)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I think a better question is whether truth can be objective.

In answer to that?
I don't believe so, no.

Post modernism questions the validity of its predecessor modernism, on the grounds it is simply the product of mistaken belief in what human reason is and is capable of. It argues that, while we may believe ourselves to be objective, rational, able to look at and analyse our world to find ‘truth’, this is a delusion. Post modernism asserts that what we claim as objective knowledge or ‘true’ knowledge is merely a way of the empowered to assert social, political, or moral control over others less powerful then themselves. ‘True’ knowledge is decided by the powerful and then access to it is controlled. Post modernism also questions the power of words in ascertaining ‘truth’; we are prisoners of language, and can only know things indirectly, and through words. By doing so we apply our own bias over the meaning and distort truth.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
sikhman said:
maybe this shouldn't be in this forum and possible in the hobbies social interests forum......

and anyway, of course there is a truth lol

it's true that I wrote this post....

unless you're a epiphenomenalist...
No, there are agreed upon definites in terms of events and people. ie, World War One happened. The Treaty of Versailles was written. Martin Luther King existed.
These definites cannot be described as truths for my afforementioned reasons.

-tal-

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:

In answer to that?
I don't believe so, no.

Post modernism questions the validity of its predecessor modernism, on the grounds it is simply the product of mistaken belief in what human reason is and is capable of. It argues that, while we may believe ourselves to be objective, rational, able to look at and analyse our world to find ‘truth’, this is a delusion. Post modernism asserts that what we claim as objective knowledge or ‘true’ knowledge is merely a way of the empowered to assert social, political, or moral control over others less powerful then themselves. ‘True’ knowledge is decided by the powerful and then access to it is controlled. Post modernism also questions the power of words in ascertaining ‘truth’; we are prisoners of language, and can only know things indirectly, and through words. By doing so we apply our own bias over the meaning and distort truth.
lol, the ee2 student answer, but yeah, that's mainly what i'd say only just a little less .. smartly

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
-tal- said:
lol, the ee2 student answer, but yeah, that's mainly what i'd say only just a little less .. smartly
History Extension, actually is where I pulled that from

=d My MW was about post modernism and its impact on representations of Vietnam, soooo yeah.

lionking1191

HSC
more like ee1, but ok

foucault's precept is that truth is culture-bound and implicated in regimes of knowledge producing power.

....:sleep:

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
lionking1191 said:
more like ee1, but ok

foucault's precept is that truth is culture-bound and implicated in regimes of knowledge producing power.

....:sleep:
mmmm foucault <3

im a fan of derrida as well.
mmmm deconstructualism <3

lionking1191

HSC
sikhman said:
maybe this shouldn't be in this forum and possible in the hobbies social interests forum......

and anyway, of course there is a truth lol

it's true that I wrote this post....

unless you're a epiphenomenalist...
that's merely an observation. it may be a fact, but is it a 'truth'? the question remains

wendus

krawr.
HSC
anyone studying representation and text in module c would tell you that there are as many truths as there are tellers.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
ah! shut up shut up shut up! i hate frontline...

Lukybear

HSC
Well kaz1 you shouldnt complain, i dont get anything.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
kaz1 said:
Of course there is truth. I don't get your question.
There is your truth and there is my truth and there is your teachers truth.

Theres English truths and there is Spanish truths and their is truths the eldery women hold and the elderly men hold.

Is that really truth?

HSC
yes there is truth,
YOU are truth itself,
and you may have forgotten this,
But your soul always remembers and it is perfect.
this is the truth.
you know truth, cos at times, it is very uncomfortable, and 'inconvenient', but truth will always exist, forevermore.

living life by your own truth; no one else's, is the greatest way for one to live.

:uhhuh:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
sonyaleeisapixi said:

In answer to that?
I don't believe so, no.

quoted for truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)