• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

TSD tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Who is going? Will I meet anybody there?

^___^
HSC
i'm taking a stab in the dark

either e7b, or the atrium (both are really close to each other, like 50meter walk)

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
our teacher circled the ceremony building its, 'union building' and has an arrow pointing to C10A SAM

i donno, you have to be seated by 9.20am because it starts at 9.30am

^___^
HSC
ah yes, C10A (or the SAM building) is the atrium

you can't really miss it cos it the "centre" of MQ uni and there should be signs leading to it

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
MANSW sent me a map. I hope this works since I do not have access to the internet in Sydney. :)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
yes, twas 2day, was.....interesting....cant really say more, i felt so skippie :S

anyway....in the last session, all of them gave notes but mechanics and volumes (bloody Terry Lee...people hu went 2 that all bitched he was annoying...)

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
the curve sketching notes were the same as the ones frm the usyd lecture on july 4th -.-"

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Inequalities was probably one of the revision topics (if not the best).

As for the extension topics, I went to diophantine and differential. Both had their good points, and I learnt a few things from both, but... there was certainly room for improvement.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
Inequalities was probably one of the revision topics (if not the best).
from the notes that i saw so far of polynomials and curve sketching.. inequalities seemed like the most dealt with =D

dawso

HSC
steele....u were in inequalities? dayem, where were ya sittin?? lol, talk 2 us online wen u come on m8

Sirius Black

Maths is beautiful
HSC
What do u think of the TDS day?

hehe mine was deadly boring...
for the 2nd session, i picked "operation in logistics" , the lecturer was kinda of embarassed coz only three ppl turned up : two maths teachers and one student (that's me) :p

dawso

HSC
hehehe, for the second one i went 2 cubics, it was actually really usefull and intereting....

lfc_reds2003

I was at resisted n cirular motion... our lecturer was funny as .. his slide show had al these lil television clips and songs.... though he wasnt really helpful.. o well

he had all these songs about algebra... man who wud have thought
check out this boy band song : 2gether "U + Me = Us (CALCULUS)" FUNNIEST SHIT EVER

Last edited by a moderator:

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
was anyone in the cryptography session 1? the guy was so funny, with white fuzzy hair. he talked about the world war II more than the actual cryptic stuff, which was good because the maths of it turned out to be very simple and straightforward :(

second session i went to quantum physics, which was also very boring, although it did sort of relate to complex numbers. im sure i would have enjoyed cellular automna more if it was on.

last session was conics, that was alright, slightly worth my time, i suppose. he showed some proofs that might end up being useful.

does anyone remember the lady that was hosting the presentation in the bright aqua shirt? shes my teacher :)

and you could not have possibly missed seeing my school somewhere or somehow...we had the bright blue blazers and green skirts. :eek:

justchillin

HSC
I was at the inequalities section...the guy only was a fil in but he really had no idea...
Aural sax may I also thank you for your generous comments in previous threads, I am sure they are not warranted but nevertheless my gratitude...

dawso

HSC
justchillin said:
I was at the inequalities section...the guy only was a fil in but he really had no idea...
Aural sax may I also thank you for your generous comments in previous threads, I am sure they are not warranted but nevertheless my gratitude...
yeah, he had no idea, went way 2 slow, but the notes are good...some good examples and a nice summary 2 most of the techniques

justchillin

HSC
yeah the notes were pro bono, but you could tell the guy was just reading off them...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Um, did you even listen? They were HIS notes. I mean, you're free to see the worst in him, but I think that's a little stupid.

The only time he was clueless was when that guy was asking the very simply question about letting x_1=(y_1)^n, x_2=(y_2)^n, et cetera.

dawso

HSC
yeah, we werent sayin that steele, just observed that he was obviously under prepared at knowing the material a bit but oh well, he did explain each and every step which is important in these style questions, so ofetn textbooks just go from a to b and with no reason y they do it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)