Tsfx (1 Viewer)

musing

HSC
Is it worth it? And what courses are you going for?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
To me, feels like a load of shit, a marketing gimic. There are free workshops that are happening around the same time, just go to those if you really want more experience.

Sammy2011

HSC
I'm going to the Physics and Chemistry ones, as well as the free essay writing skills.

I too think its a bit much, but I don't mind too much as well as I get a bunch of resources to take home.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Seems like a bit on the expensive side.. has anyone actually gone to any of the classes?

euphoria-

HSC
a few months ago i went to a free session of Mastering the HSC and the tips they gave on studying and how to learn new materials was invaluable. they went so far as to explain the psychology of our brain and how it works in terms of processing and storing information. seriously, it was some engaging stuff. i hope the summer school lectures are just as good, if not, better.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I always thought these were a ripoff.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
They are very expensive, but apparently rather good. The ones held now are a total waste so don't bother going; but the ones offered near or after the trials are rather good for HSC preparation as you would have finished most, if not all of your courses that you attend the TSFX lectures for.

I was planning to go, but, once again reinforcing the price of them, I could afford them.

musing

HSC
yeah i didn't apply for it just yet - i just wanted to gain some insight from members.

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
i went to one a few months ago aswell, mastering the hsc, srsly the study tips were great. whent as far as looking into how our brains function, how stress can help etc.
i went to the english one for belonging after that for $50 and the booklet was quite usefull.

Ill be going there again this hols for their english repeat lecturs, Legal studies and Modern history...

anyone else going?

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC
I'm going to the chemistry and MX2 ones. Don't know whether it is worth it, but may as well give it a go. Like dad says - they didn't pay for me to go to private school, so this is quite cheap in comparison. Plus, it means I get to come to Sydney to do some shopping :)

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
haha yeah shopping spree after mad lecture ftw lol

im also going to the leading edge economics lectures.

a037422944

HSC
Uni Grad
I finished in 2010, and i had heard about these lectures.
i did go to:
english - as you like it
english - bladerunner/frankenstein
legal - workplace
mastering the exams

i believe that the notes are worth the money alone, even if you dont pay attention in the lectures go for the notes (or get them off your friend)
my friend went to the other legal lecture for our other elective, and we both got the notes for crime and law and society off a girl in the year above us. they were actually amazing

as for the english ones, i think they were helpful.. not as helpful as legal but good. as you like it was terrible as there were a lot of standard kids in the lecture who didnt even know what the text was about (i went to the ones just before the trials..)
mastering the exams i didnt find that useful, but as it was free it was helpful..

i heard that their maths ones arent very good, but i dont know from experience

the alpha omega education FREE maths ones were so good (i went in the summer holidays last year) and i ended up enrolling i was so amazed.

yerr thats just my experience :\

at the end of the day.. you cant really put a price on your education and its still way chepaer than private school education?

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
^ i concur, ill be going to the legal one and the english paper 1 and modules but ill have to go to the repeat lessons cos leading edge has their workshops on the same day as the first ones. hopefully its the same quality as the first one.

kounato

HSC
attend lectures that are free during these holidays....go to tsfx in the holidays before trials

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Guys, you don't need fancy 'lectures' and 'conferences' to do well - keep it simple, get a mentor and work towards small goals taking little steps at a time =].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)