• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Turkey to Qualify 4 da WORLD CUP! (1 Viewer)

Teams

• Georgia (highly unlikely)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aek

Banned
HSC
Who will go off to the world cup : Turkey, Denmark, Greece

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I dont think Turkey will make it. Ukraine is guaranteed 1st place, meaning they have no pressure going into the next match against Turkey, so I dont think Turkey will win that. Turkey is 2 points ahead but have played an extra game. In my opinion, the team that will come 2nd in that group will be decided in the Denmark vs Greece match in October. If Turkey do come 2nd though, they should make it unless they get someone like France or Spain.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hehe I voted Greece.

The fluked their way to Euro 2004 success. Surely they can do something not as major again.

I wouldn't mind seeing Turkey there, though. Watching them in 2002 was awesome.

rewster

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Not Greece thats for sure. They cant fluke their way through everything... Or maybe they can...
When Greece wins it's never a fluke. They will not only qualify for the world cup, they will win it!!

aek

Banned
HSC
If turkey win against Ukraine . . then i would imagine Turkey would go through. It's highly unlikely that Greece would get 9 pts outta 3 games.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Those two goals against Denmark were class. Buruk Okan's outside of the foot volley was awesome.

aek

Banned
HSC
Turkey wins UKRAINE 1-0 at UKRAINE whilst, GREECE score a last minute goal against last placed KAZAKS to win 2-1. GERMANY wait for TURKEY!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Hehe I voted Greece.

The fluked their way to Euro 2004 success. Surely they can do something not as major again.

I wouldn't mind seeing Turkey there, though. Watching them in 2002 was awesome.
The Greeks pulled something out of their ass again.

I wonder ...

aek

Banned
HSC
Denmark 1 vs Greece 0

Friendly :
Turkey 2 vs Germany 1

all Turkey has to do now is win Albania to go to the play - offs and send Greece & Denmark back home.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah looks like it iwll be turkey. albania isn't a very good opponent. Personally i hope denmark get in.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
26' Albania 0:0 Turkey
26' Greece 1:0 Georgia
26' Kazakhstan 0:0 Denmark

stazi

Nightman
HSC
HT Greece 1:0 Georgia
HT Albania 0:0 Turkey
HT Kazakhstan 0:0 Denmark

^relatively interesting first halves. im going to bed. should be fun waking up to see who ended up qualifying.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yay :) denmark scored 2 goals quickly.

lets hope turkey dont score.

59' Albania 0:0 Turkey

looks like greece miss out, with the two danish goals. just when i thought theyd pull off a sneaky qualification

aek

Banned
HSC
Turkey are through at the expense of Greece & Denmark . The last hurdle for Turkey for FIFA world cup qualification is Switzerland on November 12 & 16.

aek

Banned
HSC
nah mate, Switzerland is a very good team . . they almost sent France to the play - offs but stuffed up at the last hurdle.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Actually, I retract my statement:

The Switzerland squad is:

Goalkeepers: Pascal Zuberbuehler (FC Basel), Fabio Coltorti (Grasshoppers Zurich)

Defenders: Philipp Degen (Borussia Dortmund), Ludovic Magnin (Stuttgart), Patrick MJuller (FC Basel), Philippe Senderos (Arsenal), Boris Smiljanic (FC Basel), Christoph Spycher (Eintracht Frankfurt), Stephane Grichting (Auxerre), Valon Behrami (Lazio)

Midfielders: Tranquillo Barnetta (Bayer Leverkusen), Ricardo Cabanas (Grasshoppers Zurich), Daniel Gygax (Lille), Benjamin Huggel (Eintracht Frankfurt), Johann Vogel (AC Milan), Raphael Wicky (Hamburg), Johann Lonfat (Sochaux)

Forwards: Alex Frei (Rennes), Mauro Lustrinelli (FC Thun), Johan Vonlanthen (Breda), Marco Streller (Stuttgart).

Degen, Senderos and Magnin are handy defenders, but the omission of Murat Yakin is a big factor. I remember at Euro 2004, the midfield was Swiss' greatest strength. Barnetta, Huggel and especially Wicky are good in midfield, but the loss of Hakan Yakin is huge. Upfront must now surely be the stregth: Lustrinelli, Vonlanthan and Frei are in great form. But what happened to Chapuisat and Sforza? I suppose they are too old now.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
It should've been a greater margin, Turkey are lucky to find emselvez bein only 2 goalz down.

Numero Uno

HSC
mate. . turkey ..
very ordinary performance
they should have demolished the swiss
oh
they can say goodbye to the Wc if they dont do something amazing back at home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)