Tutor available - English, Modern History, other essay-based subjects (1 Viewer)

legaleagle

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I'm not your average tutor. I am a qualified solicitor currently employed as a Senior Associate in a CBD law firm.

I did the HSC in 1993 and received a TER of 99.20. In 1998 I graduated from UNSW with a combined Arts/Law degree.

For my HSC I completed 3U Modern History, 3U Economics, 2U English (Advanced), 2U Maths and 2U Chemistry.

I am available to tutor students in HSC level English and Modern History. I can also assist with other essay-based subjects including Ancient History, Economics and Legal Studies.

I live on the lower Nth Shore, so I am mainly looking for students in the Eastern Suburbs or close to the CBD, apart from those also located on the the lower Nth Shore.

I have previously tutored students in the following subjects to HSC-level: Economics, English and Modern History. I have also tutored Maths at a junior high school level.

I am also happy to give my students free advice on subjects including:
- Exam Technique
- Stress Management
- Choosing The Right University Degree
- Careers in the Law

If you need help with your essays and are looking for a tutor with a difference, please contact me via pm to discuss your needs.

Cheers

legaleagle

Last edited:

legaleagle

HSC
N/A
Not many views...

Better bump it up...

If anyone is interested, I'm currently in talks with the new university opening in Sydney next year, Notre Dame, with a view to part-time employment there in the School of Law.

Anyone considering a degree from Notre Dame? If so, pm me to discuss...

Cheers

legaleagle

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Heh thats a new catholic university, where it's like 70Uai for most courses, isn't it?

legaleagle

HSC
N/A
Yes, it is a private Catholic university. The new Sydney campus is opening next year but they are already well established in Western Australia. I am meeting the assistant dean of their law school this week to discuss setting up ways to create a better learning experience for the students who will start their degrees there in 2006.

gravitygul

i'd bn lookin 4 a modern hist tutor evrywhr, but i im frm da northn suburbs, so i guess ill keep looking...

some1 said Notre Dame was a private collage...? is tht true, i thought it was a uni... ?

legaleagle

HSC
N/A
Notre Dame is a private Catholic university - check out their website at www.nd.edu.au if you are interested to see what they do at their Fremantle (W.A.) campus and what they have planned for next year at their two new Sydney campuses at Broadway and Darlinghurst.

As for Modern History tutoring, I'm happy to consider a bit of travelling depending upon how often you would want to have a session and how much you might be prepared to pay.

Post a reply or pm me if you want to discuss this further.

Cheers

Legaleagle

hunniii

hello... i am in an urgent need of a tutor for english and i live near burwood
i was wondering how much you charged

legaleagle

HSC
N/A
Depending on what texts you are doing (which relates to how much preparation time I will need to do before each session) I'd be looking at between $40 and $50 per hour.

However, I'd offer you the first session at a cheaper rate ($25 - $30) to see how we get along and to let you decide if you would be happy to continue.

If you are still interested, you can email me with your details at billpardy@lawyer.com and I will contact you to discuss this further and maybe arrange a time to meet.

Legaleagle

legaleagle

HSC
N/A
History

princessj said:
yea i agree... that was a really long time ago
Fortunately the texts and/or events you kids are studying haven't changed much since then. Tailoring responses to the requirements of the syllabus is not a big deal.

Trust me, I'm a lawyer!

Legaleagle

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)