Tutor needed- English3u, Modern history, legal (1 Viewer)

lostnfound

HSC
Hi, I'm looking for a tutor for English 2 unit advanced, extension 1& 2, modern history and legal tutor.

I live near Hornsby and Castle Hill, if your interested pm me

Last edited:
L

LaraB

lostnfound said:
Hi, I'm looking for a tutor for English 2 unit advanced, extension 1& 2, modern history and legal tutor.

I live near Hornsby and Castle Hill, if your interested pm me or email me at cins4eva@hotmail.com
hey what modules did you do coz i did all of those - hsc 2004, 90+ for all cept 3 & 4 u english - got 44 for them - screwed hsc for em externally coz i got 47 for both in school and i went to a i suppose 'smart school' is the best word

for HSC i did:
English 2 unit - AOS - imag. journeys - Coleridge poems, Module A - Hamlet and R+G, Module B - Speeches, Module C - 1984 - 98 in school, 96 overall

English 3 unit - individual and society - Pride and prejudice, the Doll's House, Browning poems - 47 in school, 44 overall

English 4 unit - did a critical response - same as above

Legal studies - Global Environment and Family - 96 in school, 95 overall - plus im doing Law at uni so yeah it's all really familiar still

Modern History - Russia and Cold War - can't remember my in school but was 91 overall.. i screwed up hsc really badly for modern

so yeah - let me know if you're interested. I live around blacktown/hills area so i'm close by. email me LaraBeach@gmail.com or PM me if you're interested:)

ps are you sure about tutoring for 4 unit? coz its kinda hard to get effective tutoring in a way since, at least the way our school structured it you basically started writing frmo day one and you saw the teachers like every couple of days to go over your work and stategies to fix it and stuff so i'm not sure if tutroing could really help since it isn't really i guess... a 'learned course' like 2 and 3 unit...

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LaraB

sikeveo said:
err ur name isnt on the band 6 list for ext2 eng or ext1 eng.......
geez it was just a typo - i meant to say nearly all

you are one sad pathetic individual if you have time to go searching for details on me... get a life

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
Haha, well Lara just shot herself in the foot, so if you're looking for a tutor with *real* cred, look me up... my thread is out there. As for English, i got 97 in Advanced and 48 in Extension (postmodernism). For 2 unit, I did
- Skrzynecki poetry (physical journeys)
- bladerunner/brave new world (in the wild)
- frontline (telling the truth)
- king lear (critical study)

So plz get back to me if you're interested :)

HSC
N/A
^^ This guy looks good, from an objective perspective. If he doesn't do the texts you're doing, perhaps I can be of assistance. I live near Hornsby, and went to Hornsby Girls' High School last year. I got top bands for both Eng Adv and Eng Ext 1, and am an self-confessed essay nazi.

Eng Adv 2004: 90/100 (Inner Journeys - My Place, Transformations -Hamlet/R&G, Critical Study - In The Skin Of A Lion, Telling The Truth - Birthday Letters)

Eng Ext 1: 47/50 (Retreat From The Global - Heaney's poetry, Lost Salt Gift Of Blood and Shipping News)

Eng Ext 2: Internal mark 45, external mark 36. Final mark - 41. Short Story was titled "Pieces Of Me", you are more than welcome to read it and my notes on EE2 in the BOS EE2 forum. I actually disagree with Lara, I believe that you *can* have a tutor for EE2. For this subject, regular external critique and constant nudge for progress is greatly helpful. I have experience in tutoring/mentoring '05 EE2 students, with positive feedback from all.

pm me if interested.

L

LaraB

sikeveo said:
:) Don't bullshit your credentials :)
as i said... typo.. get over it

im not sad enough to bs my marks.. i got a really good mark which got me scholarshpis and a guaranteed pre-entry to my course which was all awesome so why would i bs them?

besides - marks doesn't = good tutor. i didn't get 100UAI, but everyone i tutor has improved a heap since we started and some, we only started really recently and i have experience coz i work for a Gifted and Talented development program.

L

LaraB

glitterfairy said:
Eng Ext 2: Internal mark 45, external mark 36. Final mark - 41. Short Story was titled "Pieces Of Me", you are more than welcome to read it and my notes on EE2 in the BOS EE2 forum. I actually disagree with Lara, I believe that you *can* have a tutor for EE2. For this subject, regular external critique and constant nudge for progress is greatly helpful. I have experience in tutoring/mentoring '05 EE2 students, with positive feedback from all.

pm me if interested.
not saying you can't get tutoring for 4unit english..

just saying it may not be worthwhile - more referring to the fact that the original poster was seeking tutoring for a large number of subjects so cost will get to be substantial if you're getting tutoring for so many...

what i was more saying is that it's beter to see what your teacher's like coz if you have a good teacher you won't need a tutor because they will be fulfilling the same role...and you can di really well without one - no one i knew from school got tutored for 4unit and most of us got high band5/6, cause we had a good teacher.

HSC
N/A
Ah, got you know. I agree, you can do very well without a tutor (no-one got tutored for 4U at my school either, although we all got external critiques here and there).

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
so true, sorry to people trying to sell themselves but you really don't need and probably shouldn't have a tutor for 4 unit - having someone edit an early draft and your final copy is a good idea but if you need the constant and intensive assistance that comes with a tutor you should probably reconsider doing it. but i guess you're probably just looking for someone who can tutor all of them right so i'll shutup except to say...

lara b. get over yourself

Last edited:

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
oh come now, if you were in lara's position, wouldn't you defend yourself too?

and as it turns out i'm going to sit on the fence, because in my experience, the school teachers for 4U eng are quite adequate and are able to provide ample direction to enable the student to get those top marks. on the other hand, i also know of ppl who have been tutored alongside this (by professional tutors/hsc markers) and as a result (or rather, as a combined result?) have done fantastically well... there's food for thought.

juliacollings

HSC
I am also a qualified English teacher with Experience teaching and tutoring up to year 12 Ext 2 English. I am in the North Shore area and am happy to tutor you for $30 per hour.
pm me if you are keen.
Julia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)