Tutorial/Laboratory Registration. (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I just got the letter about Tutorial/Laboratory Registration on Monday and I was just wondering if when you book a time for one of these, whether you have to keep that time for the whole semester, or whether you book on a weekly basis so that you can change your booking time like halfway through the semester:).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
you book for the length of the course (ie a semester)
however, i have booked one of mine (the others are yet to open) and i have changed my booking several times to make sure i get the timeslot thats best for me (ie make sure you read the times and days properly)
so im guessing that perhaps if you went back on half way through a semester you might be able to book into a different one if there are openings (not sure about this)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
OK, it sounds like I might be able to do it then. Thanks for your help:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I just re-read the letter and it has closing dates for each of the subjects so it doesn't look like you are able to change after those dates:(.

Anyway, I went to the site they said to go to (http://onlineservices.newcastle.edu.au/rego/) even though my subjects are not open yet and it asks me to login. Then I get an error message saying: "Error. You are not Authorised to use this System." and down the bottom it says:

"Note:
To use the Registration System, you are required to login using your Internet Access login details."

"If you are looking for the Student Registration System please Click Here".

So I click and it takes me to this page, where I have to choose a school. So I choose the "School of Design, Communications and Information Technology"and it takes me to this page, where I have to login. Now at least this place lets me login but when I got to click the "Register" button I get another error message saying:

Registration System Error

"An error has occurred whilst using the Registration System. Please be sure to only use the links from the pages rather than typing in a direct URL Go back to where I came from".

So, after all that does anyone know what I am doing wrong, or do you think it is not letting me login because the subjects are not yet open for registration:confused:?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
it let me access it...but the only regestration available so far is CMNS2050 - Radio Industry Studies, so just keep trying

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I didn't get a letter either. Did it seem like it was directed at a particular group of people, or was it a letter we all should have received?

:)

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
Just certain faculties send out letters.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
I didn't get a letter either. Did it seem like it was directed at a particular group of people, or was it a letter we all should have received?

:)
Oh, like mrbassman said, only certain faculties must send the letters out. The letter I received had the name of my faculty on it anyway:).

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
fuck.
turns out my faculty's tutorial registration came online on monday, but the fuckers didnt let me know about it.i only ended up getting one of the tut's i want, and one of the others is from 6-8pm on a wednesday night

do you reckon i would be able to get out of it?

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
not sure.... only if a place opens up, and the chances of that happeneing are pretty slim

yeah not everyone got letters- certain schools only sent them out. Cos i know my school (nursing) did because our tutes dont open until the 9th and the 23rd, and they have had heaps of poeple asking them "why can my friends book tutes but i cant?!"

Most opened on the 2nd of feb, i cant remmeber where i saw the official dates for it....it was on the intranet somewhere!

parko

seeka

HSC
if you log onto the tutorial registration system regularly it will come up about a week or so before the registration date with the course and time and date that the tutorial registration opens.
if you dont get into the tutorial class or lab class that you wanted and have reason for not being able to do them then just speak to your lecturer, they are usually pretty cool with things although some are a bit nazi but usually theyll let you change your class if youve got work or something,,,,, or f you just tell them you have to work anyways..... hehe
to look up the lecturer go to http://www.newcastle.edu.au/faculty/
select your faculty and then your course,,, you should then be given a person to contact with and email address,,,, email them,,,,, tell them your story,, and most are pretty cool.
-good luck
Emma
(Ba Science (forensic)/Ba Laws) UNCLE

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Does anyone know why the size of the Chemistry lab classes keeps changing? When I first registered, it said it was full with 5/5 places. Then it was 17/20 and had vacant spots. Now it's 23/30 with more vacant spots. Is it going to continue to rise? When will it stop??

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
are you sure you're looking at the same ones?
i dunno for you, coz i guess less people will do it...but i know one of my labs has heaps of different spots, with different places available...like some are 20,25,50,60....so maybe your looking at diff ones?
lol, i have no idea!

seeka

HSC
they sometimes stuff up with the enrolments and how many are really in the class, it has been known to happen that the lecturers dont put in the right amount of spots in to the computer so it will only take a few spots as specified, that happened last year till they fixed it. they also change numbers they let in coz of people that really need the time slot or might open more classes on a particular time and close others cos of the call for classes at particular times. all you gotta do is make sure your registered and youll be sweet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)