• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tutorial Preferences (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
All my subjects are commerce subjects and I got all my first preferences. It was pretty simple all I did was make sure I only put first preferences in tutorials that had room.

I'm thinking that a lot of first years didn't know about the page that showed each tutorial and how many people had it as their first preference. That is the only thing that would really explain why 150+ people were trying to get into a MARK101 tutorial with 50 places.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
i just got my preferences and it did not tell me what accy100 lecture i got will taht come later i got all the other stuff

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Tenille said:
i just got my preferences and it did not tell me what accy100 lecture i got will taht come later i got all the other stuff
If there was more than 1 lecture then you would have chosen which one you wanted to go to when you put in your tutorial preferences. If there is only one then thats the one you have to go to. Lectures aren't allocated you get to choose.

More specifically, you need to go to 2 hours worth of lectures so pick what you want from

Lecture Mon 15:30 16:30 40.HOPE
Lecture Tue 15:30 16:30 67.107
Lecture Tue 18:30 19:30 20.5
Lecture Mon 18:30 19:30 20.5
Lecture Mon 11:30 12:30 40.HOPE
Lecture Tue 11:30 12:30 40.HOPE

You should have selected this when you entered your tutorial preferences. If you did do that then whatever you chose you got.

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
Tute preferences suck...I have to go on a wed for an hour...

monday and tuesday is packed.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Wait i think i don't the uow timetable in the diary is just set out shit

it really should be set out into half an hour intervals i think i have 3 straight hours of accounting on a tuesday night just what i always wanted!

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
santaslayer said:
Tute preferences suck...I have to go on a wed for an hour...

monday and tuesday is packed.
Tute preferences are alright cause you can choose. What I don't like are the lectures that you can't move. I have to go on Tuesday for an hour, but I guess I could just not go cause its a lecture and no one will miss me.

santaslayer

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Tute preferences are alright cause you can choose. What I don't like are the lectures that you can't move. I have to go on Tuesday for an hour, but I guess I could just not go cause its a lecture and no one will miss me.
If you're lucky, you might have repeat lectures, depending on the amount of people who enrolled in that subject.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
santaslayer said:
If you're lucky, you might have repeat lectures, depending on the amount of people who enrolled in that subject.
You're right, I do have repeat lectures for that subject. One is on Tuesday and one is on Friday. So really there is nothing I can do about it.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
For how long can you change your tutorial times for? once it is past a crtain time are your tutorials "locked in"?

also for commerce is there any way you can see what classes are left over to change too on monday?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)