Tutoring available, all school years, Maths/English/Physics/Chem, ATAR 99.95 (1 Viewer)

syd_tutor

HSC
Hi everyone,

I graduated in 2009 with an ATAR of 99.95 and am looking to increase the number of students I tutor at the moment. I've tutored HSC Maths (up to Extension 2), English (up to Extension 1) and Physics (including the Medical Physics option), and am also willing to tutor Chemistry. My results in all these subjects were very solid, particularly each of the Maths extensions, and I've also continued my study of all of the other subjects to varying extents here at uni. I've also had experience tutoring younger students in English, Maths and Science and am willing to tutor any ages - in fact I rather enjoy teaching basic Junior maths and English grammar :)

I believe in a personalised approach to tutoring and will only tutor students who want to be there and are going to make some effort themselves to bring questions and issues they have so we can work through problems that are specific to the student. I'm not the sort of tutor to give you a worksheet and homework and sit there while you do it - in my tutoring sessions we work through problems together and talk through any issues that arise.

English (especially at HSC level) is a bit different - usually I just do essay consulting for my students (and this can be via email if you like). I find that the schools usually teach the content very thoroughly and what students need most is help in structuring essays and making clear, well-supported arguments. I've studied a lot of English and Linguistics at uni so can be of a lot of help here. For this reason I also believe I can be of use to any English student, regardless of which texts you've studied. But please note: I will NOT under any circumstances write your essays for you.

I charge $40/hr for one-on-one sessions, or $25/hr each if you come in small groups. I prefer to tutor at Sydney Uni but will sometimes consider traveling within the inner west if suitable.

Email or PM me if you'd like any more information. Looking forward to hearing from some of you, and I wish you all the best for your studies!

syd_tutor

HSC
bump

hope term 3 is starting off okay for you all. not long now until you're over the trials mountain (it's the hardest part, I promise!)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I believe in a personalised approach to tutoring and will only tutor students who want to be there and are going to make some effort themselves to bring questions and issues they have so we can work through problems that are specific to the student. I'm not the sort of tutor to give you a worksheet and homework and sit there while you do it - in my tutoring sessions we work through problems together and talk through any issues that arise.
We share the same tutoring style and philosophy.

But your ATAR is way better than mine.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)