Tutoring english (up to 4U) in Strathfield, UNSW law student. (1 Viewer)

askios

HSC
Hi, I am a 2010 HSC graduate. I have gained extensive experience tutoring preliminary and HSC students and working as an english marker for a coaching centre all throughout 2011. I am currently taking students for english (Adv. Ext 1 and Ext 2). My marks for these subjects are as follows:

Adv. English - 95/100
Ext. 1 English - 46/50 (HSC exam mark was 47/50)
Ext 2 English - 47/50

I am confident I can help preliminary HSC students develop both their critical and creative skills in order to build and secure a strong foundation for higher school certificate english.

For HSC students, I did the following texts:
Adv. English:
AOS (Belonging) - As you like it
Module 1 - Frankenstein and Blade Runner
Module 2- Poetry by W.B Yeats
Module 3- Justice Game

Ext. English (Elective - Navigating the global)
Shipping News
Poetry by Seamus Heaney
Lost in Translation

So if you are a HSC student who wishes to be tutored in the above texts, I believe I can guide you to achieve a better, more holistic understanding. I also have an abundance of resources for these texts which will be very useful during trials/hsc exams.

Also, having completed English extension 2, I understand the motivation, perseverance and stamina required to excel. For this reason, I am also offering to be a mentor for 4 unit students who require it. Furthermore, I welcome younger students (e.g. yr. 7-10) provided I am available to do (greater priority will be given to yr 11/12 students so please contact me about this).

My approach to tutoring will be very much tailored to your individual needs. Basically, we discuss your weaknesses (e.g. essay writing) and go from there. Or if you solely wish me to structure the lessons the way I see fit, I am willing to do that also.

I am going to commence Arts/Law at UNSW in February 2012. This is because I chose to take a gap year and gain some life experience working and traveling before commencing my studies.

Group discounts apply. $35 p/h is from my home which is in a very, very convenient location - only 5 minute walk from Strathfield Station (on Redmyre road).

Please note: I don't travel. If it's absolutely necessary, I can tutor at Strathfield Library, but my rates will be different as I prefer to tutor from home (all my teaching materials and resources are at home so it's more practical).

If you would like to know more (e.g. availabilities), please don't hesitate to contact me. My email address is miss.euphoriac@gmail.com or you can reach me during the evening on 0432526929.

Thank you and Happy New Year! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)