Tutoring for Engineering Studies | 5th in State, 99.60 ATAR (2012)| Hills Area, Parra (1 Viewer)

cheapasian

HSC
Hi all,

My name is Bryan and I'm a second year Civil Engineering student at UNSW. As the title suggests, I'm offering tutoring for Engineering Studies students. Just a few details about my HSC background:
  • Graduated from Baulkham Hills High School in 2012
  • Achieved 99.60 and All Rounder's Award
  • 5th in State in Engineering Studies
  • Class HSC mark average that was 19 marks higher than the state average

As for lessons, I have three steps during our lesson time:
  • Answering Questions
  • Reviewing Recently Learnt Material
  • Learning the Next Syllabus Point

To explain, I focus on reviewing your class work and helping you answer any questions you may have during the week, be it theoretical or mathematical. I have found that having a quick review talk about what you have learnt really helps hammer the content home, as I can provide great examples that demonstrate the theory to solidify your learning. After that, I usually go a little bit ahead in the syllabus so that when you learn it during class, it's not such a knowledge shock that can't be retained. Having tutored for two years, I have found that these three steps are best when it comes to making sure you retain learnt material and methods and then absorbing new information quicker.

In terms of availability, it changes with my university timetable so contact for more details if you're interested. Geographically, I live in Castle Hill so for the most part, I can drive around the Hills area if deemed convenient for us both. Parramatta, Pennant Hills and Castle Hill Library are also viable spots to meet up. But of course tutoring at my home is also an option :D

Just a sidenote worth mentioning, I have my own set of notes for sale that I use to teach with and you read more about them from here and as you can see from the view count, they have been very popular. I have sold over numerous copies with very positive feedback, remarking how surprised they were at the quality of the content. I believe you'll find nothing like my notes because my entire class used them and for 2012, we achieved 1st, 3rd and 5th in grade in our class alone and I have mentioned before, our overall class performance was significantly better than the rest of the state.

All in all, if you're interested in my tutoring services, just PM me or (preferably) email me at i_smithe_ye@hotmail.com . If you're just looking to purchase my notes, just contact me via the same ways.

Thanks all for reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)