• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tutoring in Uni. (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Does anyone get tutoring in uni?
I don't mean like tutes and shit.
But like the crazy matrix/pre-uni/james-an hsc tutoring colleges.

Because I originally thought tutoring was non-existant in uni and you needed to be an 'independant learner' there but the other day a guy I know gets tutored for university.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
BackCountrySnow said:
Does anyone get tutoring in uni?
I don't mean like tutes and shit.
But like the crazy matrix/pre-uni/james-an hsc tutoring colleges.

Because I originally thought tutoring was non-existant in uni and you needed to be an 'independant learner' there but the other day a guy I know gets tutored for university.
No, there is.

Its usually when students get paid by the university to give tutoring sessions to other students in a particular subject.

There's a special service in uni, just check the student services at your uni about it. If they have a student who tutors the subject you need help with, then they'll give you the tutors contact details or something, and then you two can decide upon a date and time when you're both free so that he/she can help you out.

If you want to become a tutor for a specific subject, you have to apply for it somewhere (check you student services dept for more info), and you also have to have a HD in the subject you wish to tutor.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
MaNiElla said:
No, there is.

Its usually when students get paid by the university to give tutoring sessions to other students in a particular subject.

There's a special service in uni, just check the student services at your uni about it. If they have a student who tutors the subject you need help with, then they'll give you the tutors contact details or something, and then you two can decide upon a date and time when you're both free so that he/she can help you out.

If you want to become a tutor for a specific subject, you have to apply for it somewhere (check you student services dept for more info), and you also have to have a HD in the subject you wish to tutor.
hmm... but tutoring is far less common in uni..right?

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Yes, it's far less common. I've privately tutored someone once, and know a couple people who privately tutor, but I don't actually know anyone who gets privately tutored...(besides the person I tutored ofcourse)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
BackCountrySnow said:
hmm... but tutoring is far less common in uni..right?
Yeah kinda, but people do need it, and i recommend people to seek this service if they feel that they require a little help :)

hannahxxx

HSC
With some subjects like linguistics, maths etc. I know of people who get tutoring. If you've got a problem with a subject, and you can afford to get tutoring, its a lot smarter option than sitting around like half the people in the class who dont know what they're doing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)