Tutoring Western Suburbs Area. HSC math.(3U, 2U, General. 4 U maybe) (1 Viewer)

nigelixtiti

HSC
My name is Nigel and I am a 3rd year student at UNSW currently undergoing a B Comm(Actuarial Studies)/ B Sci(Math and Statistics) double degree triple major course.

I have tutoring experience from back in Year 12 and first year of uni but stopped to focus on uni and pursue other activities. I managed to achieve a 91 in 4 U math and 92 in 3 U math and I did my HSC in Toongabbie Christian School (we didn't manage to get a ranking in the top 300 schools in NSW).

I intend to start tutoring again and I teach 2 Unit/ 3 Unit Math. I am aware that there is the possibility that the syllabus might have changed from back when I did it and so tutoring 4 U math right now is a MAYBE but still a possibility. This is mainly because although I intend to tutor, I do not intend to want to put a lot of excessive extra work on top of the ones I have in uni and re-learning a new syllabus MIGHT take up some significant time.

I am a goal oriented type tutor. I am friendly and easy to talk to. I generally set a goal for my students and I work very hard with my students to achieve that goal. I am the type of tutor who you can talk to and ask questions during or after class, anytime really except for when there is a test coming up soon. I feel that establishing a good connection with your tutor is essential when it comes to learning from someone else. However with that being said, I have also been known to be very strict with my students and I am realistic about my student's chances with achieving their goals.

I place more priority and importance in UNDERSTANDING concepts rather than just knowing how to do specific questions because I believe that the latter method is inefficient and once you move on to another subject you will forget how to do the, so even though it is fast to teach and learn, you will have to keep relearning. When you understand concepts on the other hand, you may forget how to do questions and so on, but take 10 minutes to look at that specific chapter in your textbook and everything will come back to you, which really helps when the time comes for you to take your HSC test as you will need to revise a whole year's worth of content and reteaching yourself how to do specific type of questions will surely be too much.

My rates are different for students usually depending on where they stay/ how far i have to drive out (if you come to my place I will obviously charge less) and I usually work out the rates with my students before we start tutoring, however my average going rate is $35 per hour. I am usually available during Saturday mornings and the whole of Sunday. If you require tutoring during the weekdays we would have to work out a schedule or something, but it is an option. I am available to teach in most of the Western Suburbs as I live around Blacktown, but I usually don't mind driving out to places as far as say Epping to teach. So, if you like what you've read so far and need help in Mathematics in school then please by all means contact me asap. My email address is nigel_lee91@hotmail.com and my phone number is 0401245272.

Sincerely,
Nigel

P.S : It would be much easier for you to send me an email since if I don't usually pick up if I am at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)